ComputerForum.com ComputerForum.com  

Go Back   Computer Forum > General Chat > General Computer Chat

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 01:14 AM   #1
Byte Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 111
Default How do I donate cash to your Forum?

I would like to thank Johnb35 for his tireless efforts that resulted in getting rid of the nasty viruses in my pc. A very big thank you sir!

I would like to give a cash donation to show my appreciation of your helpfull Forum.

Cheers,
Gary
kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2011, 01:57 AM   #2
John's Number One

 
voyagerfan99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Connecticut
Age: 23
Posts: 17,633
Default

Well cash isn't a good way to donate money, especially to a forum. If you don't already, I suggest creating a paypal account.
__________________
Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5 Socket AM3
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Lian-Li LanCool PC-K62/600W CoolerMaster SilentPro
8GB G-Skill RipJaw DDR3
Intel 530 180GB SSD/Windows 8.1 Pro
ASUS GTX 670 2GB/Dell UltraSharp U2312HM

Photography Portfolio / Flickr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromewell
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in command here.
voyagerfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #3
Byte Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 111
Default

That's what I meant (cash from my account to this Forum) - and I do have a paypal account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan99 View Post
Well cash isn't a good way to donate money, especially to a forum. If you don't already, I suggest creating a paypal account.
kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: madison NC
Age: 20
Posts: 11,269
Default

I am contacting a moderator to get him to answer the question. We normal members are not qualified to answer this question.
wolfeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
Zettabyte Member

 
Aastii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St Helens, UK
Posts: 13,185
Default

Thank you for the offer, however the general response whenever someone has asked the same as you has always been that your thanks for the help is enough . Everyone here does this voluntarily and generally for an enthusiasm and enjoyment in using, discussing and helping people with computers.

If you want to offer something back, stick around and contribute to the forums, otherwise just to say thanks when you get help or an answer is plenty, it is more than most do
__________________
Main: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 ||Intel i5 3570K||2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HIS Radeon HD7970||2 x 240GB Intel 330 RAID 0 + 1TB Storage||Asus Xonar D2X ||Corsair HX+ 750W||Windows 7 Professional x64
Server: Gigabyte G41MT-S2P ||Intel Q6600||2x2GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz||60GB OCZ Vertex 2 + 320GB WD Caviar Blue + 2x2TB WD Caviar Green RAID1||Antec Earthwatts 380W||Windows Server 2008 R2
Aastii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #6
Gigabyte Member
 
strollin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: N. Calif.
Age: 61
Posts: 1,372
Default

You could donate the cash to me and I would make sure it got to the forum.
strollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #7
Byte Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 111
Default

Yes - I did say thanks in my original post. John was a terrific help. I know it does take money to run a Forum so it would be nice to donate some money to help you guys out. I'm not rich by any means but I do appreciate that you folks were able to help me out and save me taking my pc into a local shop and leaving there. I would like to donate some money to help out if that's okay.

Just let me know if you have an email address connected to a Paypal account and I will "Send Money" that way.

I don't have much to offer here other than saying thanks and giving a small money donation to help your Forum. I obviously do not have technical pc skills haha. The Forum has lots of useful information on it and I could contribute by asking questions here now and then.

Thanks a bunch again guys,

Now.......if anyone here has questions about Vintage Drums...I may be aboe to help there.........That IS my hobby.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aastii View Post
Thank you for the offer, however the general response whenever someone has asked the same as you has always been that your thanks for the help is enough . Everyone here does this voluntarily and generally for an enthusiasm and enjoyment in using, discussing and helping people with computers.

If you want to offer something back, stick around and contribute to the forums, otherwise just to say thanks when you get help or an answer is plenty, it is more than most do
kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #8
Malware and Spam Assassin

 
johnb35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: somewhere out there
Age: 44
Posts: 30,314
Default

As said, if you want to "repay" us then offer help to other members. I don't think we actually take donations as I can't find a link for it. Staff doesn't get paid to help other members. We just come in on our free time and do what we can do. And there is one more way to "repay" us....You can recommend our forum to other family, friends, coworkers.

You are greatly welcome for the help I gave you. If you don't mind, I would like to connect to your pc and check it out myself why it takes so long for IE to open. We can do this by you downloading and installing a program called teamviewer.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

I would just need your ID number and password that it assigns to you after installing the program. I don't have time today though as I have to go to work in an hour. I'm thinking we can get it cleared up totally.
johnb35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #9
Byte Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 111
Default

That's great - thanks John

I went to the link you provided for TeamViewer and downloaded it to my desktop.
If you want to send me an email when you're available to do this here is my email
kona1984@shaw.ca
Or - I will check back here from time to time and we can get together that way.



Quote:
Originally Posted by johnb35 View Post
As said, if you want to "repay" us then offer help to other members. I don't think we actually take donations as I can't find a link for it. Staff doesn't get paid to help other members. We just come in on our free time and do what we can do. And there is one more way to "repay" us....You can recommend our forum to other family, friends, coworkers.

You are greatly welcome for the help I gave you. If you don't mind, I would like to connect to your pc and check it out myself why it takes so long for IE to open. We can do this by you downloading and installing a program called teamviewer.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

I would just need your ID number and password that it assigns to you after installing the program. I don't have time today though as I have to go to work in an hour. I'm thinking we can get it cleared up totally.

Last edited by kona; 11-13-2011 at 06:41 PM.
kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #10
Byte Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 111
Default Send an Email

Hi John
If you could send me an email - kona1984@shaw.ca - when a good time would be for you to view my pc I will try to coordinate with you on that. I downloaded the program you suggested that will allow you access to my pc.

Gary
kona is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MyBB Forum Software Code Modification mihir General Software 3 09-04-2011 04:01 AM
1st time Oc'ing raoul_1101 CPUs and Overclocking 26 08-28-2007 09:35 PM
Oh Hi There helmie Off Topic Chat 19 08-27-2007 12:01 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:29 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2002-2014 Computer Forum