ComputerForum.com ComputerForum.com  

Go Back   Computer Forum > Computer Software > Operating Systems

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 03:45 PM   #21
banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 24
Posts: 3,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan99 View Post
The other big thing people need to remember is it's only a developer preview; not even an official Beta.
EXACTLY! People complain it's not good and first beta did not even come lol.What do they expect lmao!
S.T.A.R.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2011, 02:15 AM   #22
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan99 View Post
This statement is a joke. You seem to be thinking along the lines of slate PC's, not actual tablets. Tablets aren't going to go anywhere; Android and iOS will be around for a long time.

And as far as IE goes, that's only for people that actually like IE (which is not me [obviously])
Another disgruntled Netscape user unearthed........... Android is a joke, the only reason that it is there in the first place, is because windows is or was too power and ram hungry to run on the dinky tablets that are out there now. Have no fear, 8 is about to change all of that and yes, Android might be around for a long time running microwave ovens and toasters, or perhaps running one of those Netscape equiped Android tablets...............Let the truth be known.
Double-Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:18 AM   #23
John's Number One

 
voyagerfan99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Connecticut
Age: 23
Posts: 17,680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Aces View Post
Another disgruntled Netscape user unearthed........... Android is a joke, the only reason that it is there in the first place, is because windows is or was too power and ram hungry to run on the dinky tablets that are out there now. Have no fear, 8 is about to change all of that and yes, Android might be around for a long time running microwave ovens and toasters, or perhaps running one of those Netscape equiped Android tablets...............Let the truth be known.
Wow. More random garbage tossed out there.

Now is when I yell TROLL.
__________________
B.S. Networking Information Technology

Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5 Socket AM3
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Lian-Li LanCool PC-K62/600W CoolerMaster SilentPro
8GB G-Skill RipJaw DDR3
Intel 530 180GB SSD/Windows 8.1 Pro
ASUS GTX 670 2GB/Dell UltraSharp U2312HM

Flickr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromewell
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in command here.
voyagerfan99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:21 AM   #24
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan99 View Post
Wow. More random garbage tossed out there.

Now is when I yell TROLL.
Which part of what I said is wrong? Do you dare to elaborate?
Double-Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:44 AM   #25
John's Number One

 
voyagerfan99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Connecticut
Age: 23
Posts: 17,680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Aces View Post
Another disgruntled Netscape user unearthed........... Android is a joke, the only reason that it is there in the first place, is because windows is or was too power and ram hungry to run on the dinky tablets that are out there now. Have no fear, 8 is about to change all of that and yes, Android might be around for a long time running microwave ovens and toasters, or perhaps running one of those Netscape equiped Android tablets...............Let the truth be known.
First off, what makes you think I'm a disgruntled Netscape user? Where the hell did that come from?

Android is not a joke - it's a solid OS. Tablets as we speak of them have not been created to run Windows and Windows has not been created to run on tablets. Slate PC's yes, but not tablets. That is where Android comes into play. Apple has iOS for it's tablets and mobile devices; Google jumped into the void and made money in the sector Apple couldn't reach - the "lower-end" and "affordable" range I suppose you could say. But just because it was the lower end of things did not keep Google from delivering quality.

Microsoft now wants to get more into the tablet area and also manufacture an OS that can power these tablets. Windows 8 is that OS and right now that is their heaviest marketing segment and presentation. But it does not mean that just because Windows is coming to a tablet that everyone is going to suddenly drop iOS and Android.

In conclusion: Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean that is how the world will turn out. It doesn't work like that.
__________________
B.S. Networking Information Technology

Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5 Socket AM3
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Lian-Li LanCool PC-K62/600W CoolerMaster SilentPro
8GB G-Skill RipJaw DDR3
Intel 530 180GB SSD/Windows 8.1 Pro
ASUS GTX 670 2GB/Dell UltraSharp U2312HM

Flickr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromewell
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in command here.
voyagerfan99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:36 AM   #26
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan99 View Post
First off, what makes you think I'm a disgruntled Netscape user? Where the hell did that come from?

Android is not a joke - it's a solid OS. Tablets as we speak of them have not been created to run Windows and Windows has not been created to run on tablets. Slate PC's yes, but not tablets. That is where Android comes into play. Apple has iOS for it's tablets and mobile devices; Google jumped into the void and made money in the sector Apple couldn't reach - the "lower-end" and "affordable" range I suppose you could say. But just because it was the lower end of things did not keep Google from delivering quality.

Microsoft now wants to get more into the tablet area and also manufacture an OS that can power these tablets. Windows 8 is that OS and right now that is their heaviest marketing segment and presentation. But it does not mean that just because Windows is coming to a tablet that everyone is going to suddenly drop iOS and Android.

In conclusion: Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean that is how the world will turn out. It doesn't work like that.
Android is an open source joke, like the programmers who work hard and then give their work away, because they would hate to ever be a billionaire. However it's not as funny as the five hundred dollar phone, without a 6 cent antenna.......Isn't that like a car, without an engine? or a camera without a lens? or a TV without a screen? But the really amazing thing, is that the fools who bought these things, got right back on line to throw their money away again. ***Smart phone users***
Double-Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:43 AM   #27
John's Number One

 
voyagerfan99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Connecticut
Age: 23
Posts: 17,680
Default

Ya know what, forget this. You're just trolling.
__________________
B.S. Networking Information Technology

Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5 Socket AM3
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Lian-Li LanCool PC-K62/600W CoolerMaster SilentPro
8GB G-Skill RipJaw DDR3
Intel 530 180GB SSD/Windows 8.1 Pro
ASUS GTX 670 2GB/Dell UltraSharp U2312HM

Flickr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromewell
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in command here.
voyagerfan99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:51 AM   #28
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 96
Default

[QUOTE=voyagerfan99;1706566]Ya know what, forget this. You're just trolling.[/QUOTE

Does the windows phone have a working antenna? Has every windows phone included a working antenna? A simple yes or no will do...!

I couldn't help but notice your photos, we enjoy photography here too, though I prefer bears, twelve point bucks, bald eagles, ospreys and swans. http://community.webshots.com/user/umpireofbases
Double-Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:09 AM   #29
Terabyte Member
 
DMGrier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 2,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Aces View Post
Android is an open source joke, like the programmers who work hard and then give their work away, because they would hate to ever be a billionaire. However it's not as funny as the five hundred dollar phone, without a 6 cent antenna.......Isn't that like a car, without an engine? or a camera without a lens? or a TV without a screen? But the really amazing thing, is that the fools who bought these things, got right back on line to throw their money away again. ***Smart phone users***
Your just stupid, Android is far more solid, it can do more for one and its hardware support is far superior, Android is about to get the new Nvidia quad core cpu in there phones and M$ answer to this was the new 1.5 Ghz single core cpu. It is sad that M$ has xbox live on there phone but with some of the rpg and FPS that are on the Android market place make it a better gaming platform. I had a windows phone at one point and all I can say is because of Windows OS and there mobile platform that is why I run Ubuntu and Android on my products and I do not look back.
__________________
Lenovo Z510 / Dell Optiplex 960
OS: Ubuntu 14.04 64 Bit / Ubuntu 14.04 64 Bit
CPU Intel Core i7 4700MQ / Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 / 8 GB DDR2
HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM / 160 GB 7200 RPM
GPU: Intel HD 4600 /Nvidia 9500 GT
DMGrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #30
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGrier View Post
Your just stupid, Android is far more solid, it can do more for one and its hardware support is far superior, Android is about to get the new Nvidia quad core cpu in there phones and M$ answer to this was the new 1.5 Ghz single core cpu. It is sad that M$ has xbox live on there phone but with some of the rpg and FPS that are on the Android market place make it a better gaming platform. I had a windows phone at one point and all I can say is because of Windows OS and there mobile platform that is why I run Ubuntu and Android on my products and I do not look back.
Is PC magazine stupid too? http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2387493,00.asp

How about this, http://gigaom.com/mobile/quad-core-android-tablets/

And don't forget this http://alexking.org/blog/2011/03/08/...update-problem

And most important, don't forget that if you are using android, that you are using a program, that was modified in ways that you do not know, by the carrier that you are using, if that's not bad enough, some carriers have multiple versions, (flavors) of the OS in use. Can Google fix and update an OS that was modified by another company? Well they try, but it's next to impossible, but don't fret, Windows 8 is a single stable platform and it's on the way, and to make Apple users happy, the rumor is that Windows 8, just like the iphone will also not have a 6 cent antenna, but unlike the iphone without an antenna, Windows 8 will work.

Posted with Win-8........................just for U

Last edited by Double-Aces; 12-01-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Double-Aces is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:40 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2002-2014 Computer Forum