Anyone else running Windows eight? and if so how do you like it?

DMGrier

VIP Member
Ok, then you tell me how many billions of dollars of products have been sold that use Android, and then tell us what the programmers who developed the code were paid? Then explain to the group why being stupid and POOR is better than being intelligent and rich?

PS. I will assume that you have a job, if you wish to work all week, then sign over your check to me, because working for free is fun. I will cash that check................Really.

You obviously no nothing about computer and the market for programming, For one most software on Android other then the OS is proprietary that is why you must pay for the apps or the advertisement pay for the app and the Android OS is free yes, but google makes it money off the people who use the search engine on the phone, and you think you know something :rolleyes:.

did you know that over 85% of the Linux Kernel is done by paid developers, been going this since the early 90's so obviously there is some money in it.

According to cnet.tv Android sold over 60 million devices this year, apple sold 16 million devices and M$ was so pathetically small they did not even mention it.

Plus you could not even explain why windows is better then Ubuntu in design so keep that comment to yourself till you learn more.

On this thread real note, I think windows 8 will run good but I think the U/I is what will kill it.

Double-Aces

banned
You obviously no nothing about computer and the market for programming, For one most software on Android other then the OS is proprietary that is why you must pay for the apps or the advertisement pay for the app and the Android OS is free yes, but google makes it money off the people who use the search engine on the phone, and you think you know something :rolleyes:.

did you know that over 85% of the Linux Kernel is done by paid developers, been going this since the early 90's so obviously there is some money in it.

According to cnet.tv Android sold over 60 million devices this year, apple sold 16 million devices and M$ was so pathetically small they did not even mention it.

Plus you could not even explain why windows is better then Ubuntu in design so keep that comment to yourself till you learn more.

On this thread real note, I think windows 8 will run good but I think the U/I is what will kill it.

Android was developed from th open source crowd, who were not paid for their work, but who developed an OS that is solely responsible for billions in sales. Do you think that this is right and or fair? Do you think that people, whoever they are should be paid for their work? especially if their work is selling billions of dollars in goods?

As for win-8, HP and other manufacturers already have the OS, they are not just testing it on their tablets and other machines, but are most certainly building better more powerful tablets and phones to run the new OS. This will be great for the consumer, unless you invested in Netscape or Android.

DMGrier

VIP Member
Android was developed from th open source crowd, who were not paid for their work, but who developed an OS that is solely responsible for billions in sales. Do you think that this is right and or fair? Do you think that people, whoever they are should be paid for their work? especially if their work is selling billions of dollars in goods?

As for win-8, HP and other manufacturers already have the OS, they are not just testing it on their tablets and other machines, but are most certainly building better more powerful tablets and phones to run the new OS. This will be great for the consumer, unless you invested in Netscape or Android.

Android was built by google! The code is opensource cause google does that for almost all the stuff which is then done by the people. seriously google "google android team" and you will see it for yourself. Please take the time to google info before speaking, you will sound smarter :).

Double-Aces

banned

Windows is better than Ubuntu or any other OS, because of the amount of programs that it runs, and the fact that my wifes company pays her to edit books on the MS Word editor, under win 7. My company also chooses MS to run ALL of it's computers. So before you claim that Ubuntu has any advantage over win, try actually leaving the demonstration in the park, and get a job. Thus we earn a six figure salary from MS operating systems and other products.

Next.....?

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Open source programmers are retarded. Android is open source, Google, the tablet and phone makers are selling it on their products, making billions dude, not millions. The simple fact here is that the programmers who wrote and developed this code over the years get NOTHING except to watch others get rich. You can seriously claim that this is enjoyable? From my point of view, like I said this is retarded.
*sigh*

I didn't claim that is enjoyable. I said that the programmers like what they do. That's what it is. People work on things like this because they actually enjoy it. Most of them don't give a crap about how much someone makes off their work. What they care is about creating something. Most people actually like creating and accomplishing things, that's a pretty big reward in itself (people who have accomplished anything will know this).

Ok, then you tell me how many billions of dollars of products have been sold that use Android, and then tell us what the programmers who developed the code were paid? Then explain to the group why being stupid and POOR is better than being intelligent and rich?

PS. I will assume that you have a job, if you wish to work all week, then sign over your check to me, because working for free is fun. I will cash that check................Really.
You seem to live under this incorrect assumption that all normal people's lives revolve around making money, and anyone who contributes to any cause for free must not care about money at all (and are stupid). Of course, if you'd watched the clip I posted, you'd know this, but the thing is people aren't usually too worried about money when they have enough of it. That doesn't mean they don't care about money at all. Most of the people who work on open source projects have full time jobs. They work on projects outside their jobs just for sheer pleasure, not extra money. That doesn't mean in any way that they are reckless idiots with their money (that's why they or indeed I won't write checks to misinformed kids on the internet).

Oh and just a quick question: how does a bunch of stupid, unintellligent and retarded people create one of world's most successful smart phone platforms? Wait, hold on a second, Linux is open source... so is Apache, Eclipse, Libre/OpenOffice, NetBeans, Free/Open/NetBSD... how do stupid people come up with these brilliant pieces of software? Are they really just utter and complete morons and God himself just creates the code in high heavens and channels his work through unintelligent mortals? Oh but hold on, how do these people afford living or indeed the computers they do their work on? Does God materialise some money in stupid people's bank accounts and wallets so he can use them to create useful software free of charge?

Plausible.

Double-Aces

banned
Android was built by google! The code is opensource cause google does that for almost all the stuff which is then done by the people. seriously google "google android team" and you will see it for yourself. Please take the time to google info before speaking, you will sound smarter :).

http://theunderstatement.com/post/11982112928/android-orphans-visualizing-a-sad-history-of-support Windows users get daily updates, soon to be reduced to once a week on Tuesday I believe............ Android users get, well what they get, whether their smart phone has an antenna or not....................

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Windows is better than Ubuntu or any other OS, because of the amount of programs that it runs, and the fact that my wifes company pays her to edit books on the MS Word editor, under win 7. My company also chooses MS to run ALL of it's computers. So before you claim that Ubuntu has any advantage over win, try actually leaving the demonstration in the park, and get a job. Thus we earn a six figure salary from MS operating systems and other products.

Next.....?

You seem to forget that a lot of large companies may run Windows on the workstations, but a lot of companies run LINUX and UNIX on their servers!

wolfeking

banned

Next.....?
Under your model there, If lorries used 10 HP steam engines in all the trucks, and all drivers drove them, they must be better than a 450 HP BT6. Just because it is widespread doesnt make it better.
A lot of companies either 1. Use what the computer comes with, or 2. have been using windows so long they are afraid to try to learn something new.

Linux has many advantages over windows. Better security. The number of Viruses that exist under linux is smaller than the number programmed for windows every hour. Linux, for the most part, is completely free, updates frequently, and has many options for the WM. Linux has wide support for pretty much any hardware you can run (they have distros that will run anything from the tricore PPC in the xbox360 to phones, to supercomputers). Also, it is guarenteed that no matter what you are looking for, you will find a linux distro for it. You dont, for the most part, need to go entering program keys and paying hundreds for software to make the computer usable.
Windows is a vanilla package. It can do a lot, but not enough with the many alternatives out there. There is even a freeware OS out there that is built from a NT kernal. Its still in the alpha stages, but looks promising. http://www.reactos.org/en/index.html
the following is a quote explaining it.
react os said:
ReactOS® is a free, modern operating system based on the design of Windows® XP/2003. Written completely from scratch, it aims to follow the Windows-NT® architecture designed by Microsoft from the hardware level right through to the application level. This is not a Linux based system, and shares none of the unix architecture.

The main goal of the ReactOS project is to provide an operating system which is binary compatible with Windows. This will allow your Windows applications and drivers to run as they would on your Windows system. Additionally, the look and feel of the Windows operating system is used, such that people accustomed to the familiar user interface of Windows® would find using ReactOS straightforward. The ultimate goal of ReactOS is to allow you to remove Windows® and install ReactOS without the end user noticing the change.

Darthaus

Hmm ever heard of life?

And if the people who wrote the code didn't enjoy it why would they do it?
Oh and ..................................

Edit: BTW M$ doesn't update every day and they've been doing big updates on Tuesdays for a loooooong time. Also your link is comparing Android to IOS not M$ as I'm sure you know. The issue with comparing the two is that one is a mobile OS and the other a desktop OS and thus require updates for different types of issues, so Windows needs more frequent updates.
You mentioned HP in regards to the tablets coming out, we know how well they do with tablets...

Last edited:

Double-Aces

banned
Hmm ever heard of life?

Edit: BTW M$ doesn't update every day and they've been doing big updates on Tuesdays for a loooooong time. Also your link is comparing Android to IOS not M$ as I'm sure you know. The issue with comparing the two is that one is a mobile OS and the other a desktop OS and thus require updates for different types of issues, so Windows needs more frequent updates.
You mentioned HP in regards to the tablets coming out, we know how well they do with tablets...

Seriously Dude, it should be a fully federal offense, for any company to use slave labor, to write computer code that will be used to sell billions of dollars of hardware, while the programmers do not get their fair share of the profits.

If I am wrong, you will tellyour boss, not to pay you anymore, because you like working for free..................There is no difference. It's wrong, can you accept that I am actually defending the programmers here?

Double-Aces

banned
Under your model there, If lorries used 10 HP steam engines in all the trucks, and all drivers drove them, they must be better than a 450 HP BT6. Just because it is widespread doesnt make it better.
A lot of companies either 1. Use what the computer comes with, or 2. have been using windows so long they are afraid to try to learn something new.

Linux has many advantages over windows. Better security. The number of Viruses that exist under linux is smaller than the number programmed for windows every hour. Linux, for the most part, is completely free, updates frequently, and has many options for the WM. Linux has wide support for pretty much any hardware you can run (they have distros that will run anything from the tricore PPC in the xbox360 to phones, to supercomputers). Also, it is guarenteed that no matter what you are looking for, you will find a linux distro for it. You dont, for the most part, need to go entering program keys and paying hundreds for software to make the computer usable.
Windows is a vanilla package. It can do a lot, but not enough with the many alternatives out there. There is even a freeware OS out there that is built from a NT kernal. Its still in the alpha stages, but looks promising. http://www.reactos.org/en/index.html
the following is a quote explaining it.

Why the heck would anyone build an OS based upon win XP................When win XP is outdated. Dude, that's like developing a recording device based on the betamax or VHS formats.............keep up or get left behind and eaten, though some will make it to the Netscape bar and grill and rap about the old days..................

Double-Aces

banned
Hmm ever heard of life?

From what I read MS is going to be doing all updates on one day a week, not just big ones, this might stop the powers that be from hijacking computers by restarting them, thus deleting the maps that they left open in ram............

PS. I found the bears anyway.... http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/578871892xyCZCF

PSS. If you understand the above, there is a 98.5% chance that you are a federal agent of some type.

wolfeking

banned
Why the heck would anyone build an OS based upon win XP................When win XP is outdated. Dude, that's like developing a recording device based on the betamax or VHS formats.............keep up or get left behind and eaten, though some will make it to the Netscape bar and grill and rap about the old days..................
Its just one example of a binary compatible freeware. Your over looking the main point. Your arguing that Windows is the end all in the PC world. Its actually only good for 2 things. Gameing (without 3rd party apps) and getting Viruses. And some of that leads down to the end user.

and another thing. Please stop with the netscape thing. If it is even still around, its not widely available. The only 56k service in our area is netzero (i have a backup account so I can work when I dont have a ethernet/IEEE 802.11n signal).

voyagerfan99

Staff member
The biggest thing OP is failing to realize is how open source software actually works, who makes it, and why it's made. He is turning a blind eye to the (larger than most people think) open source community. They do it for the bettering of technology to overcome what those paid software versions have left out, forgotten about, or failed to fix.

Since you seem to throw Netscape out there all the time, you should like this example. Mozilla was founded by a lot of the core developers of Netscape (the browser, not the web service). Way back when in the version of IE4 and IE5, Netscape was the better alternative to the garbage Microsoft was putting out as their web browser. The same goes for Firefox today. Firefox is open source and others are allowed to modify it as they see fit. PaleMoon is an excellent example of this. I switched from Firefox to PaleMoon because it was a modified version of Firefox; coded to run more efficiently with newer processors (dropping old ones to be less hoggy), optimizing it's performance to not use so much RAM, and other misc. tweaks here and there. But at the core it is still Firefox.

And also like other said about Android, it was created by Google. In case you weren't aware, Google has put out a lot of great products that are FREE and awesome alternatives to their paid counterparts. These include Google Maps, Google Music, GMail, Google Docs, and one of the biggest and popular ones, Google Chrome (and the Chromium OS). The Android developers are getting paid (which you fail to realize) because they work for Google!

Now OP, this is the most important part. You ready?

I seriously believe you have run your course. You aren't going to win this battle. Every other poster in this thread has bashed you and told you that your thoughts are wrong. It's okay to have an opinion, but to replace your opinion as truth and call it fact is not correct because your opinion is NOT fact. Now either climb out from under your rock into the real world and realize how things really work, or go away.

Last edited:

Double-Aces

banned
Its just one example of a binary compatible freeware. Your over looking the main point. Your arguing that Windows is the end all in the PC world. Its actually only good for 2 things. Gameing (without 3rd party apps) and getting Viruses. And some of that leads down to the end user.

and another thing. Please stop with the netscape thing. If it is even still around, its not widely available. The only 56k service in our area is netzero (i have a backup account so I can work when I dont have a ethernet/IEEE 802.11n signal).

My wife edits accounting books on MS Word every business day, so saying what you did is just plain silly, and might be the product of a person who does not yet have a job. As for Netscape not being around, that's not entirely correct, as it was and is the base code for Firefox. How can you run linux, and not know this?

Double-Aces

banned
The biggest thing OP is failing to realize is how open source software actually works, who makes it, and why it's made. He is turning a blind eye to the (larger than most people think) open source community. They do it for the bettering of technology to overcome what those paid software versions have left out, forgotten about, or failed to fix.

Since you seem to throw Netscape out there all the time, you should like this example. Mozilla was founded by a lot of the core developers of Netscape (the browser, not the web service). Way back when in the version of IE4 and IE5, Netscape was the better alternative to the garbage Microsoft was putting out as their web browser. The same goes for Firefox today. Firefox is open source and others are allowed to modify it as they see fit. PaleMoon is an excellent example of this. I switched from Firefox to PaleMoon because it was a modified version of Firefox; coded to run more efficiently with newer processors (dropping old ones to be less hoggy), optimizing it's performance to not use so much RAM, and other misc. tweaks here and there. But at the core it is still Firefox.

And also like other said about Android, it was created by Google. In case you weren't aware, Google has put out a lot of great products that are FREE and awesome alternatives to their paid counterparts. These include Google Maps, Google Music, GMail, Google Docs, and one of the biggest and popular ones, Google Chrome (and the Chromium OS). The Android developers are getting paid (which you fail to realize) because they work for Google!

Now OP, this is the most important part. You ready?

I seriously believe you have run your course. You aren't going to win this battle. Every other poster in this thread has bashed you and told you that your thoughts are wrong. It's okay to have an opinion, but to replace your opinion as truth and call it fact is not correct because your opinion is NOT fact. Now either climb out from under your rock into the real world and realize how things really work, or go away.

You are also bashing MS, do they care about your bashing, or the cheap Canadian CPU that for some unknown reason you brag about owning? I own six computers, should I post the case that they are all in here? or would that be retarded, like some people that we know.

DMGrier

VIP Member
From what I read MS is going to be doing all updates on one day a week, not just big ones, this might stop the powers that be from hijacking computers by restarting them, thus deleting the maps that they left open in ram............

PS. I found the bears anyway.... http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/578871892xyCZCF

PSS. If you understand the above, there is a 98.5% chance that you are a federal agent of some type.

M$ doing frequent updates is not something to brag about considering usually they release a half finished product when it comes to security, so they have to constantly go back and fix there OS. Plus have you read how people feel about Windows 8? It is hit and miss and a lot more miss then hit. I love how Unity and gnome 3 are built where they can be used as a full looking desktop for computer or tablets. M$ gives us a tile U/I or from what I have seen the same Windows 7 U/I. Wow M$ received the epic fail award this time of OS release.

Plus do you have any idea how much open source software is out there? There about the same amount as M$ has so software is not a problem, how about how there is zero viruses for linux and malware is so minimal that it almost does not exist. How about how I can do twice the multi-tasking of Windows 7 before I even go over 1 GB of memory.

The reason why windows mobile fails is due to it's lack of app support, which is due to the fact developers have no interest in a mobile OS that such a small population uses not to mention such inferior hardware, there latest phone that come out was with a single core 1.5 Ghz cpu.

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Staff member
You are also bashing MS, do they care about your bashing, or the cheap Canadian CPU that for some unknown reason you brag about owning? I :mad: six computers, should I post the case that they are all in here? or would that be retarded, like some people that we know.

Trolling troll is trolling.

First in case you didn't notice, I'm not the only one with my computer specs in my sig. This is a forum for discussing and appreciating computers and helping those in need. If you don't understand this, go somewhere else.

Second, I'm unaware of the people YOU know, so I cannot say. As for my colleagues here on the forum, they know what they're talking about and are quite intelligent.

And like I said before, if you're not going to accept actual fact, then I suggest you leave.

Last edited:

wolfeking

banned
My wife edits accounting books on MS Word every business day, so saying what you did is just plain silly, and might be the product of a person who does not yet have a job. As for Netscape not being around, that's not entirely correct, as it was and is the base code for Firefox. How can you run linux, and not know this?
I have a job, and for your information, I do all my computer work for it under 2000 pro and Ubuntu 10.04.3.
What your wife does is not important. Just to say "im going to buy a $100 copy of windows so I can do my work on word" is stupid. If you have internet, you can get Word, Excel. and PP2010 free as a web app from hotmail. It comes right along with the free account. And another thing, Ubuntu can do the same stuff with libreOffice as windows does with office. Some things are better on it, especially the foreign language support.

Again, windows is insecure (thats a given fact), and you can game on it easily. Pretty much everything else it can do, there is a direct replacement that is better, or at least as good as good as the windows version. You can also run WINE and put your windows software on ubuntu/LM if you wish to. There is one more thing that windows can do that Linux cant actually. Run streaming netflix (netflix made an agreement with M$ a long time ago to only support the Silverlight (windows xp and above), and never Moonlight (M$ app for Linux).
So, if you want viruses, aren't smart enough to game under Linux (it takes some inside knowledge to get it to work), or you want netflix streaming and dont own a 7th generation video game console/ streaming device, then get windows. Otherwise, there is a freeware Linux for you at no cost, and a lot more support that knows whats up with the system.