Anyone else running Windows eight? and if so how do you like it?

Double-Aces

banned
So it's a "fact" that all open source developers are stupid, poor, retarded and using open source software for commercial purposes is comparable to using slave labour? Most "facts" that you have posted are just utterly and completely wrong, yet you seem to ignore each well-argued rebuttal in the thread, instead bashing people for having Athlons (goodness gracious who would dare touch those impure, unworthy, cheap AMD CPUs). Nobody's bashing you for having an opinion, most of the bashing here is because you for some reason insist on clinging on your misconceptions and prejudices.

Look, you are not seeing my point of view. I believe that it is part of the American way and dream, that all peoples, reguardless of their situation in life, should be paid a fair wage for their work. The fact about Linux in general, is that it is changing and becoming more stable and trustworthey as a legitimate alternative. It is also a fact that certain people and companies are making rheams of money off of Linux in a variety of ways. Thus I say both that the programmers of these distros, who get nothing are being ripped off and being used as a form of modern slave labor and that since they are in reality gullible volunteers that they are also morons..........................Again I reiterate, all people deserve to get paid for the work that they do, and please don't say that anyone likes to do the programming, that makes another person into a billionaire. Bill Gates pays each and every one of his employees very well, I wish that I were one of them. Linux programmers throw their talents down the toilet, but at least you say that they enjoy it.............

Darthaus

As a matter of fact, I was just thinking of that very same thing...Those CPU's are.

Pentium 4 3.0ghz
Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5ghz
Core 2 duo T2600 2ghz
Pentium dual core T4300 2.1ghz
Core i3-370M 2.4ghz
Core i7-3930K 3.8ghz------> http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-3930K+@+3.20GHz

Next ?

Well the i7 is respectable, still a complete ripoff at $600 but not bad. Curious as to what you need that kind of processing power for? Way overkill for gaming so it must be something else.
I have to say that many of our "cheap" AMD's are much better than the rest of your CPU's though.

DMGrier

VIP Member
Look silly, I have not argued anything here, I just posted some facts and questions. Why would I argue with ten year olds who have never had jobs, or used a computer in the workplace, and who proudly tell everyone what computer case that that their liquid cooled cheap Canadian CPU is in.

I own two SUV's, one car, six computers and a house, not bought in that order. So keep telling everyone what Athlon your Daddy bought you. Coolermaster.......................whaaaaaa

Silly.

For one I am far from 10, two I have traveled far more of the world then anyone else on this forum considering I have been to just about every country from Europe to Africa to all of Asia and I consider you stupid due to how close minded you are and your facts are actually opinions. You know nothing about what is under the hood of each OS and that is why you are a Windows user (no offense to the rest of you). Educate yourself before you speak.

Is there a way to report this idiot and have him kicked off?

DMGrier

VIP Member
Look, you are not seeing my point of view. I believe that it is part of the American way and dream, that all peoples, reguardless of their situation in life, should be paid a fair wage for their work. The fact about Linux in general, is that it is changing and becoming more stable and trustworthey as a legitimate alternative. It is also a fact that certain people and companies are making rheams of money off of Linux in a variety of ways. Thus I say both that the programmers of these distros, who get nothing are being ripped off and being used as a form of modern slave labor and that since they are in reality gullible volunteers that they are also morons..........................Again I reiterate, all people deserve to get paid for the work that they do, and please don't say that anyone likes to do the programming, that makes another person into a billionaire. Bill Gates pays each and every one of his employees very well, I wish that I were one of them. Linux programmers throw their talents down the toilet, but at least you say that they enjoy it.............

I have a home work assignment for you who I am starting think is 10, I want you to research RHEL (red hat Linux enterprise) and I want you to see how they contribute to the Kernel while making some nice profit of it, another good one is Suse Linux. How about Apple which is built on BSD. Google Android that they built, not a community.

Double-Aces

banned
Well the i7 is respectable, still a complete ripoff at $600 but not bad. Curious as to what you need that kind of processing power for? Way overkill for gaming so it must be something else.
I have to say that many of our "cheap" AMD's are much better than the rest of your CPU's though.

Two years from now the 3930K will be average or below, thus this chip is not really all that powerful. This is a six core chip, that really has eight cores, in fact if the AMD 8150 had any balls, which it does not, Intel could make this an eight core tomorrow, knocking it down the list in a flash. Buying a chip that will be below average in two years...............well in my opinion, that's just stupid and a waste of money and time, like buying a pretty knife with a cheap steel blade.............

DMGrier

VIP Member
Shoot a pm to Johnb35 or mep916

Thanks, I will wait to see if he changes his tune and if not will report him, I have no problem with argument on this forum, I actually think it is good as long as people know what they are talking about when they argue there point unlike what he has done.

Darthaus

...AMD 8150 had any balls, which it does not, Intel could make this an eight core tomorrow, knocking it down the list in a flash.

What?:confused:

I guess you've never heard of the word "volunteer" or "charity". If the Linux programmers didn't enjoy their work they would stop doing it. I don't understand how you can't understand this.
Oh and Bill Gates doesn't pay anyone in M$. He barely has any active part in the company.

Double-Aces

banned
What?:confused:

I guess you've never heard of the word "volunteer" or "charity". If the Linux programmers didn't enjoy their work they would stop doing it. I don't understand how you can't understand this.
Oh and Bill Gates doesn't pay anyone in M$. He barely has any active part in the company.

Bill Gates also gives away more money to charity in any given second, than every Linux programmer has ever earned, or has th opportunity to earn. Again, do you disagree that people deserve to get paid for their work? Look it would not be a big deal, if Linux was not generating billions in sales.............Again the definition of not being paid for ones work, is slave labor. If I were wrong, you would not be as agitated as some of you seem to be at the moment.

Darthaus

Bill Gates also gives away more money to charity in any given second, than every Linux programmer has ever earned, or has th opportunity to earn. Again, do you disagree that people deserve to get paid for their work? Look it would not be a big deal, if Linux was not generating billions in sales.............Again the definition of not being paid for ones work, is slave labor. If I were wrong, you would not be as agitated as some of you seem to be at the moment.

I do agree that you should be paid for your work, yes. BUT! SOME people LIKE to VOLUNTEER their time towards things they ENJOY. Those people do not care if people make money off of their work, otherwise they wouldn't do it. It's called CHARITY.
Not everything that is open source is free either. Some Linux programmers do get paid for their work, while others VOLUNTEER to help for FREE.

Double-Aces

banned
I have a home work assignment for you who I am starting think is 10, I want you to research RHEL (red hat Linux enterprise) and I want you to see how they contribute to the Kernel while making some nice profit of it, another good one is Suse Linux. How about Apple which is built on BSD. Google Android that they built, not a community.

You have just made my point. Red Hat is making a profit, and NOT PAYING IT'S PROGRAMMERS. This is just frikin wrong. The odd thing here is that you can not seem to grasp that I am defending the rights of the people who have contributed to this communal effort without compensation. It's wrong.

If Bill Gates did this, he would be in Federal Court in three seconds flat..................................

DMGrier

VIP Member
Do any of you understand what the Linux community really is? The people who are not paid is a small fraction and those people either enjoy it or when they do make a major contribution they get acknowledge for it and most of them are young programmers that what to place this on there resume to show future employers.

A majority of the code is written by PAID PROGRAMMERS and the reason for this is most these companies either use Linux or the open source software which they save hundred of thousands of dollars by coming together with a few dozen other companies and write the code instead of paying that hundred of thousands of dollars for all of Microsoft license fee's. This is why M$ a few years ago put together a team to see what is going on in the open source community so they could try to compete since Linux has been destroying there server market.

DMGrier

VIP Member
You have just made my point. Red Hat is making a profit, and NOT PAYING IT'S PROGRAMMERS. This is just frikin wrong. The odd thing here is that you can not seem to grasp that I am defending the rights of the people who have contributed to this communal effort without compensation. It's wrong.

If Bill Gates did this, he would be in Federal Court in three seconds flat..................................

They do pay there programmers, you don't read much do you. They are traded on the stock market and currently have 3,200 employed. I know that is not all Tech support and they write software, write there OS, contribute to the Fedora Project and help write the Linux Kernel.

Double-Aces

banned
Do any of you understand what the Linux community really is? The people who are not paid is a small fraction and those people either enjoy it or when they do make a major contribution they get acknowledge for it and most of them are young programmers that what to place this on there resume to show future employers.

A majority of the code is written by PAID PROGRAMMERS and the reason for this is most these companies either use Linux or the open source software which they save hundred of thousands of dollars by coming together with a few dozen other companies and write the code instead of paying that hundred of thousands of dollars for all of Microsoft license fee's. This is why M$ a few years ago put together a team to see what is going on in the open source community so they could try to compete since Linux has been destroying there server market.

Red Hat is worth around 7 billion dollars. Again I say that people who contribute their computer programming talents to billion dollar companies are morons. Would you donate your computer programming talents to Microsoft or Apple free of charge? No, so why give it away to a Linux company? The reason that some of you are angry, is that you are seeing my point of view, and know full well that it is correct.

lucasbytegenius

I'd leave him on here for a while, this is the most interesting troll thread I've seen in a while :D

Also btw your point of view is so totally wrong and you're so stubborn about it I can't imagine who wouldn't be angry. Like people actually get mad at idiots on forums...

Double-Aces

banned
I'd leave him on here for a while, this is the most interesting troll thread I've seen in a while :D

Also btw your point of view is so totally wrong and you're so stubborn about it I can't imagine who wouldn't be angry. Like people actually get mad at idiots on forums...

Like people actually post what kind of computer case they have on forums....................!

WOW...!

DMGrier

VIP Member

Why do they come this stupid though? It is like he is going completely off personal opinion without doing any reading first on the subject. He thinks that the kernel and other source codes are written by people who do not get paid :rolleyes:, if this was the case then he should be embarrassed cause a totally free OS in a majority of ways is better then Windows other then gaming that I can think of. Poor little troll, so stupid.