are hisense brand lcd tvs any good

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by bigmac9787, Jan 6, 2012.

1. bigmac9787

bigmac9787 New Member

I was wandering threw my local Walmart earlier today by the tvs and noticed a hisense brand 42'' lcd tv for $397 that caught my eye. I have never heard of the brand before and was wondering if any of u have. It looked pretty good compared to the other brands in the size range and beat them by at least $100 or more price wise. I am in the market for a new tv very soon.

2. ian

ian Administrator Staff Member

I dont have any experience with a hisense brand tv, they do sell them in Australia as well, and quite a few people say good things about them. I think it is a chinese brand, but then most tv's are made in China nowadays. You cant go too wrong at $397
    Personally I would never buy one, I watch tv all the time, so it is one area I dont want to skimp on. I go into the shop and see which picture I like the best and buy that one. So far I have always ended up buying a Samsung Series 6 model. I have one of these http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/.../UA40D6600WMXXY/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail and they are awesome.

3. TekMaster

TekMaster New Member

I actually have done some fair amount of research on Hisense televisions. to be completely honest they are the cheapest. As ian said, I would not spend my money on one, Bur if that's all you can afford then go for it. I'm all about cheap prices. Most of the time faults are covered in short term warranty

4. JLuchinski

JLuchinski New Member

Like Ian said, go to the store and look at the TV's and let your eyes decide. I personally find Samsung TV's and monitors to be off, I prefer LG to anything else. So please go and actually look and take some time to decide and if this brand looks good and is in your range then go for it.

5. Motorcharge

Motorcharge New Member

From Googling them it also seems the company is owned, in part, by the Chinese government. That alone would keep me from ever buying one.

If you want something cheap, and good, get Vizio.

6. johnb35

johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

7. Laquer Head

Laquer Head Active Member

I am partial to Samsung, but as said above..Vizio is a rock solid brand, competitively priced, and they sell thousands and thousands of units north america wide