Best Linux HTPC OS

patrickv

Tlarkin is very right. Jordan is just running his mouth about how good ubuntu is.We understand how you feel jordan, its true, ubuntu is good, no doubt, but for you, ubuntu is like some GODESS that you bow to. you're still young and and so far you've experience a good distro, but i will go with tlarkin on MCE.

you have so far been able to do everything with ubuntu thats why you love it that much.
but arguments no more as only g4m3rof1337 can choose what he wants

patrickv

and by the way i also gave ubuntu a blue screen of death once.
and i posted it in the forums here, if you want you can search for it.

tlarkin

VIP Member
well in all honesty, all Linux distros suck, I can pick out probably 25 things I hate about each linux distro after about a day of using it, LOL.

Well, that is true about every OS in all honesty. There is no best and there is no ultimate OS no matter what platform.

Ubuntu does not run the internet, and it does not run any kind of enterprise level machine. Most likely, Debian would at that point. Ubuntu is not a bad OS at all by any means, but it is meant as an end user OS. The great thing about ubuntu is that it has generated enough hype and enough press to actually make people try out something new. And for that, Ubuntu, I give you props.

patrickv

well in all honesty, all Linux distros suck, I can pick out probably 25 things I hate about each linux distro after about a day of using it, LOL.

Well, that is true about every OS in all honesty. There is no best and there is no ultimate OS no matter what platform.

Ubuntu does not run the internet, and it does not run any kind of enterprise level machine. Most likely, Debian would at that point. Ubuntu is not a bad OS at all by any means, but it is meant as an end user OS. The great thing about ubuntu is that it has generated enough hype and enough press to actually make people try out something new. And for that, Ubuntu, I give you props.

hahah.tlarkin are you serious ?
men...ok i wont ever say linux sucks, no way, because they are capable of doing a lot of thing windows can't but anyways i love linux..just a few of distro's. im currently downloading BLAG linux (what weird name that is !!)
and the screens say its good. they have their flaws but they are constatntly getting updated to remove these flaws

Irishwhistle

Tlarkin is very right. Jordan is just running his mouth about how good ubuntu is.We understand how you feel jordan, its true, ubuntu is good, no doubt, but for you, ubuntu is like some GODESS that you bow to. you're still young and and so far you've experience a good distro, but i will go with tlarkin on MCE.

you have so far been able to do everything with ubuntu thats why you love it that much.
but arguments no more as only g4m3rof1337 can choose what he wants

I'm afraid that you are wrong. I just happen to like Ubuntu. I am also running Vector Linux and I like it as well. It is not that I worship Ubuntu, it is just that I dislike a lot of other distros. I never have and I never will worship my computer and any OS. :D My favorite distros are Ubuntu and Vector, and at the moment I'm not sure what one I like better, the only reason that I would like Ubuntu better is because it uses Gnome. I do like the speed of XFCE though. No OS is perfect and there are lots of things that I could find bad about any OS, Windows, Mac, Linux, etc. Linux is my favorite though and I have come down to my two favorite. You like what you like and I'll like what I like, OK. I am happy with Ubuntu and I don't see many reasons why I should not be, I don't really care if it's unstable anyway. I am not just "running my mouth off about how good Ubuntu is", I am trying to help g4m3rof1337 make a good choice. Everyone has they're own opinions, I have mine and you have your own. There is no reason to argue because you can not change my opinion and I am not going to try and change yours.

As far as MCE goes, If you want simplicity and you like Windows better than Linux, go ahead.I would still suggest Linux but, it's your choice.

~Jordan :D :p :)