BIOS not booting

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by bla2501, Jan 22, 2013.

1. bla2501

bla2501 New Member

hello!

i have a problem. a couple days ago i tried to update my BIOS (i have msi p67s-c43 motherboard), but something went wrong. my computer stopped working properely and i was recieving two beeps. after spending a day i managed to do the AMIBOOT.ROM trick with USB and i thought i wont have any more problems. but actually that flash did not work properely and now, i cannot do AMIBOOT.ROM flash again, and my motherboard is not responding anymore. i am not recieveing any beeps at start as i did before, even if i take RAM or other componens from the moba. but lights on moba are still turning on, when i start the computer and so do HDD, video card, .... now i do not know what to do in order to make my motherboard running well again.

thanks for your help

2. wbt50

wbt50 New Member

You might have damaged the motherboard by flashing incorrect files in an attempt to update the BIOS ?

Are you certain you were using correct update files for that specific motherboard ?

3. johnb35

johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

You have bricked your motherboard by installing a bad bios. If the motherboard is still under warranty you can send it in to get the bios chip replaced.

4. bla2501

bla2501 New Member

first i would like to say thanks for fast response.

actually i am almost certain i flashed correct file. anyway if i understand my motherboard is probably bricked, although the led indicators are still flashing and every other parts seems to run properly.

what about hot flash? can i use it to repair my motherboard, or do you think it is the best to send it to repair or replacement, because i still have 1 month of warranty left? but i am wondering if warranty is still valid, because motherboard is probably bricked because of me.

5. johnb35

johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

The warranty covers a bad bios flash. If you turn the system on and nothing at all shows on the screen then the bios is bad and you need a new chip installed.

6. bla2501

bla2501 New Member

that is some good news. i will have to take my computer apart then and send the moba for repair. i hope i will manage to put it together correctly then.
    really thank you for your help

7. StrangleHold

StrangleHold Moderator Staff Member

Never try flashing a bios when the board is acting up, can cause a bad flash. Have you tried unplugging it. Hit the power button a few times to discharge it. Then pop the motherboard battery out for a minute. Put the battery back. Plug it up and see what happens. If it still doesnt boot, its probably dead.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  8. bla2501

bla2501 New Member

i tried all things you mentioned, discharging it, making CMOS reset, but nothing helps