*STABLE* Black Hole Benchmark

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Hey guys,

The new version of black hole is out!

Quote from the official release:

BlackHole V4.2 Final

Download the latest version of the Black Hole CPU benchmark!

Let the beast run and benchmark your system in three different tests (Multithreaded, Singlethreaded & 4 Threaded) that will test your CPU to the very limit, and score you among hundreds of other systems that have tested.

• Multithreaded will test your CPU's efficiency of running more than one thread without major system lag. The higher you score on this one, the more threads your CPU can handle with a comfortable speed. High multithreaded scores generally means you can render things faster.

• 4 Threaded tests your CPU's performance in games, since most games currently run on 4 threads.

•Singlethreaded evaluates how fast the CPU can handle a single, dedicated thread of processing.

Since Multithreaded is arguably the most important and most future-proof test, it has a greater impact on the overall score results than the other individual tests.

The program uses every instruction set enabled for 32bit systems, but sadly the instruction sets that are only active in 64bit systems are disabled in the benchmark. With our beta tests, we saw that Intel's 'Haswell' CPUs used the new AVX2 instruction to achieve abnormally high scores. We will enable 64bit when more programs support the new AVX2 instruction properly, but for now we think 32bit offers the most accurate real-world performance measurements at this point in time, so that's what we focus on.

You can easily submit your scores from the link inside the program. Why not show the world that your CPU is at the top of the leaderboard?! These will be updated every week or day.

Fixes and changes compared to the beta:

• Chances of the 4 Threaded benchmark running only 2 threads greatly reduced.

• Overall stability improved dramatically.

• New program design for a more professional look (by Timmie).

• New score submit options.

• Different scaling protocols; Multithreaded now scales much higher than before.

• New methods to evaluate the CPU's performance, especially in the 4-threaded test.

• The benchmark is now exclusively 32bit (still works on 64bit machines, of course).

Bugs:

• Very small chance of the 4 Threaded test to only run 2 threads.

• No other known bugs currently - Report bugs on our website.

Other important information:

• Black Hole Benchmark is designed to run on Windows XP and newer.

• You must have .NET framework 2.1 or greater installed to run the benchmark.

• System RAM speed and latency can have minor effects on a PC's final score.

• The benchmark supports up to 34 threads.

I8RyaZq.jpg

Download

Scores from Computerforum members:

Rules before being able to submit your score to the scoretable:
* at least 100 posts or you must be member for at least a year.
* submission needs to contain:
- cpu-z
- black hole
- notepad with your name, computerforum and the date
- Submit to database here: http://blackholetec.com/main/content/computerforum-scores

computerforum%20scores.jpg

74qe.jpg

9f50.jpg

8r89.jpg

scye.jpg

I'll try to update this every week, but I'm very busy these days.

www.blackholetec.com
Like us on Facebook! Sharing is even better!

Robbie Pyckhout
Black Hole Project

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I find this benchmark to be a bit iffy,reason been i ran it and got a score of 14572..then realized my ram was only running at 1333Mhz with 9-9-9-24 timings..so i went into bios and adjusted it to what it should be 7-8-7-24 1600Mhz...and got a lower score! :confused: :D

mR4nBMN.jpg

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I find this benchmark to be a bit iffy,reason been i ran it and got a score of 14572..then realized my ram was only running at 1333Mhz with 9-9-9-24 timings..so i went into bios and adjusted it to what it should be 7-8-7-24 1600Mhz...and got a lower score! :confused: :D

mR4nBMN.jpg

Your 4 threaded seems to still have the bug of running only 2 threads (this reduces the score very hardly), we thought the bug was fixed because none of the systems that had the problem still had this bug with the new version.

Thanks for the test, normally it should be fixed with another run.

Now I know it is still not fixed, just reduced.

Darren

Staff member
Smile, remind me to run this at some point on Steam. :D I'm at school now so can't really do it.

Virssagòn

VIP Member

Try running it again plz, you're the second who have brought the bug back that I "fixed"...
Could you run it some times (only the 4 threaded) and say me how often it happens?
I have had 2 systems with the bug, an FX8350 and an i7 3770. Both don't have the issue anymore. Weirldy there seem still to be systems with the same problem.

I'll try to make a fix for it.

spynoodle

t5YwBB3.jpg

Not bad for a little Pentium Dual-core, huh? :) I have no idea how my single-threaded score seems to match Ivy Bridges and Haswells at similar clock speeds. :confused:

Last edited:

Virssagòn

VIP Member
t5YwBB3.jpg

Not bad for a little Pentium Dual-core, huh? :) I have no idea how my single-threaded score seems to match Ivy Bridges and Haswells at similar clock speeds. :confused:

You will find out that the architecture is pretty similar to eachother, especially in 32bit singlethreaded applications the performance gain at the same clockspeed is almost nothing.

And indeed, that's a great score for a pentium and a good score for an overclocked pentium :p
Exactly what you need when you want a cheap pc for doing basic stuff and web browsing. Gaming performance should not be great, but enough to play less intensive (on cpu) games.

Btw, I saw your submission, this brings you to the top from the intel 2 threads category! :D

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Yes it was just with some minor bios tweaks, I am not sure if it is a bug in the program or just settings in my bios.

Going to test it more tomorrow with different bios settings.

Ok, nice. But it happens randomly, normally with this version less than previous.

spynoodle

You will find out that the architecture is pretty similar to eachother, especially in 32bit singlethreaded applications the performance gain at the same clockspeed is almost nothing.
Yeah, I've always somewhat suspected that, given how well this old chip performs for most flash/html5 apps or other complex websites. It's nice to see some concrete evidence, given how much everyone is always bent on upgrading to the newest architecture nowadays.
Btw, I saw your submission, this brings you to the top from the intel 2 threads category! :D
Sweet. :cool:

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
This one did good on a AMD FX. The 4 threaded ran 4 cores and one core on each module.

Got multi 6888/ 4 thread 3300 and single 1940 with a total of 12128 at just 4.2ghz. As usual it gets killed in single.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
This one did good on a AMD FX. The 4 threaded ran 4 cores and one core on each module.

Got multi 6888/ 4 thread 3300 and single 1940 with a total of 12128 at just 4.2ghz. As usual it gets killed in single.

Hmm, your singlethreaded score is very low. An fx8350 scores 2380 at stock, yours shouldn't be much less on 4.2GHz. Try running it again.