Blue screen on start. sysaudio.sys

irongeek2012

Then windows is installing its own driver. Do you have an open pci slot available? I would suggest buying a dedicated sound card and trying it.

Yes, of course Windows is installing it's own driver because he did a reboot to the system without scanning for hardware changes first in the device manager.

Any time you uninstall drivers from the "device manager" you click on "Action" at the top then select scan for hardware changes Windows will scan the system and install the drivers that are missing.

Hi. When I'm trying to start Windows XP SP3, I get BSOD on "welcome". 0x0000007E sysaudio.sys

Problems started when I installed GTA: Vice City and I ran the game. After first step in game I get BSOD with cmuda.sys then I read in internet that I have to update my audio drivers (my version was 5.4, latest was 7.00b). I downloaded drivers and when I was installing it I got first BSOD. I turned on computer and reinstalled driver. Program asked for restarting computer, I selected "yes". Now BSOD appears in every start of Windows.

Have you tried using system restore? You can run System restore in "safe mode" To back your system up to an earlier time before you had this issue? This "might" fix the problem. Let me know if not there are other things to do to fix this.

roodd

I uninstalled that audio card and I selected "scan for new devices" and Windows is installing that problem driver. Blue screen still apears. I think I gonna install Windows 7...

Edit. But there's no drivers on asrock site for W7.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You will not be able to use windows 7, you will most likely have to buy a dedicated soundcard and disable the onboard. They do go bad.

roodd

I installed Windows XP and it works so onboard audio works fine. Now computer shut down when I run the game and cooler on graphic is working louder. So temperature is too high, I must clean cooler and see what will happen.

roodd

And the game gives me BSOD again, I checked in minidump and it was graphic driver. I installed older drivers and next BSOD was with cmuda.sys. I disabled audio in Device Manager and it works. You're right. I must buy new audio card. Thanks for help, EOT. :)