--Building first computer--

Discussion in 'Desktop Computers' started by Danituss, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Danituss

Danituss New Member

So i'm building a computer for gaming + photo- + videoediting + 3Dmodeling etc. with about 800e (1060$) budget

here is products i have chosen for the rig:

mobo for ~100e which support SLI and 1600mhz ram??

AMD fx-6100 3,3GHz
    lets change this CPU to i5 2500K

Corsair Vengeance Performance 2 x 4 Gt RAM

ASUS Geforce gtx 560 ti 1gb GPU

OCZ Agility 120Gt SSD

OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W PSU

Some cheap DVD-RW, in future i will upgrade to bluray.

Aerocool Strike X case

So i wanna know are all of these compatible with each other without any bottlenecks and please give suggestions for other parts if you think they are better and i would like to order them from http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/home.html
    say if u need links for these products. And i think i will buy another gtx 560 ti when needed. :rolleyes:

THANKS!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  2. wolfeking

wolfeking banned

they are all compatible. I would go for a Phenom II x6 if I were you, but it should all work.

3. Danituss

Danituss New Member

originally i was thinking about phenom II x6 too but its out of stock everywhere here in finland because of these new bulldozers.. :(

4. wolfeking

wolfeking banned

what about an intel 1155 socket build? The core i3-2100 will perform as good if not better in most cases as a Phenom IIx4 980, which is far faster for clock than the FX6100. I think they are about even in price too.

There is no issue with using a FX6100, but there are better options than it for most every application.

5. Jiniix

Jiniix Member

That's a well-balanced PC, good job. But I would also recommend something else than Bulldozer. They aren't what they are hyped up to be, sadly.

6. Danituss

Danituss New Member

Well i would like this bulldozer for its 6 cores because it would render videos insanely fast + when im working on one project i might have photoshop, 3Dsmax, unity3D and browser open at the same time, but gaming too is pretty important for this computer, what cpu would you recommend from pixmania?, and atleast 4 core is a must. and how about psu, 700w enough for SLI and blurayplayer etc?

7. wolfeking

wolfeking banned

you are kidding yourself if you are expecting to get insane performance from that tricore.

Bulldozer FX6100
    -Marketed as a 6 core, but is 3 cores hyperthreaded.
    Each module is 2 cores that are sharing the front end, thus limiting the performance.

If you absolutely need a quad core, then you need a core i5 or higher or a FX8120 or higher.

8. Danituss

Danituss New Member

:eek: i didn't know that, how about phenoms?

9. wolfeking

wolfeking banned

Phenom II is a classic design. It has exactly the amount of cores that it says. For the x2 and x3 variants you can sometimes unlock them to a x4.

10. fire r a g e

fire r a g e New Member

11. Danituss

Danituss New Member