Bush

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by b182tm, Jul 26, 2005.

?

Do you support Bush?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2005.
  1. Yes

40.7%
  2. No

51.9%
  3. Indifferent

7.4%
  1. b182tm

b182tm New Member

I have a poll. Do you support Bush, yes or no, or indifferent. I thought it would be good to see who supports him or not.

Derek

2. Camper

Camper New Member

yes on some things

3. b182tm

b182tm New Member

Well I honestly dont follow politics too much, but what i know, I'm totally against. Dont get me wrong, I dont hate Bush, I just dont agree with him

4. billybobjoe

billybobjoe banned

support bush all the way

i support bush all the way and yes i dont agree on all his stuff but it is much better than having john kerry in there

5. Camper

Camper New Member

Billybob with you all the way

6. b182tm

b182tm New Member

But you agree with thousands of troops dying in Iraq? What about Osama bin-Laden? What about the homeless in America? I'm just throwin ideas out there. I'm not trying to make anyone mad.

7. NeuromancerWGDD'U

NeuromancerWGDD'U New Member

99% of the time I'm outraged at his brazen stupidity, but I have to admit, John Kerry wouldn't be much better. It's always the same families running the country, and it gets old, really fast...REALLY fast. The problem is this entire, hyper-moronic, bi-partisan system we have. I don't think that this nation could possibly be any more polarized. In fact, for the first three months leading up to, and the 3 months following, the '04 election, my father only referred to me as "democrat". And, since you all asked so nicely :))), in my opinion, the best way to control the military would be to set up a council to handle military decisions. Even with the "checks and balances" system, a lot of very unpopular (and inhuman, I might add) decisions have been made by the one man given executive military godhood (the 'uni-bomber', if you will ;) ). Millions of human lives, both native and foreign, are too important to be unilaterally annihilated or protected; it takes multiple brains in the room to decide such permanent and potentially vital actions (with the current pres. I'd be happy with even just one brain in the room).

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  8. alanuofm

alanuofm VIP Member

i wish i followed politics. why not hop on the bandwagon and hate bush?

9. NeuromancerWGDD'U

Indeed, why not? It is, of course, a viable alternative to taking the effort to form your own opinion. Surely that's the best route. Yeah, who needs their own opinion when corporate America can tell you what you like with no effort expended on your part.

If you're going to believe something, or even pretend to agree with something, at least know why you're doing it. This is exactly why the 'Third Reich' flourished. (I know that you, most likely, said that jokingly, but sadly, a lot of people honestly think exactly along that route)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  10. alanuofm

alanuofm VIP Member

Why follow up on the president when we have no control. if you have taken any political courses, which i suspect you haven't, you'll realize a president can do little but follow up on what a previous president has done. in other words don't get hyped up about nothing.

11. NeuromancerWGDD'U

No, I've not taken any political courses, I'm only 15, and they don't even offer political courses until...I believe it's senior year, but then it's required. If the system does, however, operate on the basis of carrying out the previous president's wishes, then I believe that I have even more reason to get hyped up than I would were it that the situation were different. Not only that, but I don't exactly see Bush pulling too many moves that Clinton would, so there must be exception to the manner of operation previously mentioned. Not only that, but by submissing to the thought "I have no real power", you rob yourself of the only power you once posessed to change anything.

12. alanuofm

alanuofm VIP Member

my sole form of power is to protect my family and any future wife and kids. as an engineer, it holds power within itself. you do not have to press change by voting someone who may or may not promote change. a real leader changes the world him/her-self one step at a time. voting between bush and kerry does not give me satisfaction that i caused any sort of change. by voting i have passed on my power to cause change to someone who may or may not listen to you.

i do not better my own life by hoping bush will pass some miracle bill to put a million dollars in my pocket. i do not hope that bush will pass another miracle bill to grant money for kids to college. i started my own business to create my own future, not gamble on what bush is going to do.

13. ian

ian Administrator Staff Member

I dont like Bush or John Howard (australian prime minister), they have a twisted set of values where everything is about money and greed, and to hell with the environment and world peace and all of those isssues that really do matter. Having said that, I dont care too much for the opposition in both Australia and USA, though I did always like Bill Clinton, he tried to make a positive difference, and I respect that.

14. apj101

apj101 Administrator Staff Member

i dont doubthis heart, nor his senate/party. But i do doubt his competency. He is not the sharpest tool in the box

15. rars222

rars222 New Member

He is arrogant and trite at best. He failed at every business he was ever behind - so why not make him president!

I bet he was the kid in school that everyone made fun of - George W? What a loser....I can hear it now....

I just wish he had actual military experience, maybe then he would be more careful with human lives. He has managed to alienate the US from the rest of the world. Cheers Georgie to a job well done...

16. rars222

rars222 New Member

Oh and lets not forget about quadrupling the national deficit (Clinton actually had balanced the budget and maintained a surplus). He can't spend our money fast enough, yet what has he achieved in his 5 yrs in office? Probably a better golf score considering that is where he spends most of his time....

17. DanLatimer

DanLatimer New Member

hes an idiot, ill be happy when his term is up

18. tweaker

tweaker VIP Member

Do you support Bush?

Two words, hell no. :)

Like mentioned, he should start caring about the things that actually matters to make this messed up world a better place.

19. Cromewell

Cromewell Administrator Staff Member

Me too. And I have a lot of respect for Jean Chretien (Canada's former PM) for telling Bush we wouldn't goto Iraq (not saying I think we should or should not have gone just that he was standing up for what he thought was right and didn't care what the US thought/said)
    Indeed, but doesn't he make you feel smart? I know I do when I hear him speak :D

20. backseatgunner

backseatgunner New Member

Money and Greed? WTF? How the hell did you come to that conclusion. I am a huge supporter of Bush and believe in just about everything he has done in office. You guys bash him about the war, yet you don't even know half the facts. And who gives a shit about the Karibu in Alaska when theres oil there. The enviroment is ours for the taking. Do you respect the fact that Bill Clinton banged an intern?