Can anyone tell me what generation/model number this Toshiba Satellite is?

Darren Parker

I got it for free and the model number is worn away, I can't work out which generation Toshiba Satellite it is either. Basically it was working then all of a sudden broke or something so they gave it away and now I have it. It turns on but I can't boot it up. I can't get the enter bottons to work (from safe mode or anything) so I was just going to try change the keyboard and see if that would do the trick but I can't work out which one to buy obviously lol

Please help guys!DSC_0007.JPG DSC_0008.JPG DSC_0009.JPG DSC_0010.JPG DSC_0011.JPG DSC_0012.JPG DSC_0013.JPG DSC_0014.JPG DSC_0015.JPG

Darren Parker

Cheers, I've been in there to make sure the harddrive is listed in the boot sequence but I'll have another ganda and see if I can find a model number or something....

Laquer Head

Also, my 2 cents would be to make sure this thing works and you can actually boot it, before you spend money on a replacement keyboard - only to find out its some other issue, or additional issues pop up.

Darren Parker

I'm in the bios and can't find nothing on a model number or anything, the enter botton doesn't work in the bios either so I can't bring up any sub menus etc. I know it's only one of maybe many possibilities but it's worth a try and if it's not the keyboard I can always put the keyboard on eBay and get my money back :)

Darren Parker

It's probably about 5 years old. Maybe slightly newer. The BIOS will list the exact model of the laptop.
I've been through every part of the bios I can access using the arrow keys as the enter button won't let me enter any sub menus.

If the bois does infact list the exact model number then it must be in some sort of sub menu which obviosuly I can't access :(

Thanks for your imput anyway

Darren Parker

Thanks for the help guys, if no sollution comes about I'll keep this up for a little while longer to see if anyone reconises the laptop from possibly owning one and see if they can help with age/model etc :)

Laquer Head

Can you try an external keyboard?

Also, long shot.. but that intel box in the photo.. is that the box the laptop came in? does it have a sticker on the side indicating the make/model/specs etc?

Darren Parker

Can you try an external keyboard?

Also, long shot.. but that intel box in the photo.. is that the box the laptop came in? does it have a sticker on the side indicating the make/model/specs etc?

What a brilliant idea.. I will try with an external keybaord and go from there! Just got to dig one out from somewhere!

Nope that box if for a different laptop (the laptop I'm using right now actually lol)

Darren Parker

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
HARAY! The enter button works with an external keyboard, still can't find the model number however but had a look on google with some of the cpu specs etc from the bios and found a laptop which is pretty much the exact same laptop I think! So I'll order a new keyboard using that ones model number. Thanks again for the help! :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-Satellite-C855-10Z-15-6-Laptop/dp/B007XERAJ0
You could always just remove the keyboard off the laptop and stick the keyboard model number in ebay.