cod4 ranks and usernames

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello,

i was wondering about our usernames in COD4.

because in most games ive played which are online such as warrock you can create your own account with a username and password and nobody else can use that username as it would come up the username has been taken.

BUT on call of duty 4 and the other Cods you just type in a username and you can play the game which imo is stupid because anyone can pretend to be you.

also what happens if i re-install this game do i lose the rank?

yet another stupid reason...they should make it so you have your own account.

meanman

They can use your name but the guid for your game will be different so if the person using your name does something on a server or with punkbuster to get them banned it will not be you that gets banned. also i believe
you are a member of the cfclan website at www.cfclan.co.uk so login and grab the cod4 backup tool.
On a side note have you updated to patch 1.5 yet? if you have then join in on the cfclan website because we have several nights of different types of game play happening.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
okay thanks for your reply,Although say if i re-install the game will i lose my rank?

or is that what the cod4 backup tool does?

btw...yeah im a member of the CF clan but i find it hard to play when you guys do because i work nights:(

meanman

it backups a certain part of the game i think you still have to backup the player folder to save other parts of your profile

Kornowski

VIP Member
Basically what Daz has said, it backs up your MP profile, so if you re-install the game, you can copy them back over... I've done it 3 times already and it works!

Yeah, when you un-install you lose your saves and stuff, I'm hoping they fix this in the next patch!

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
You play warrock too I thought I was the only one :p

well i did,I recently quit since i got COD4.

warrock was good during better where you could go on any map,buy any weapon via game dinars but then they screwed it it and made it laggy piece of crap and the have to pay every month for a subscription.

pff.. I got COD4 for £29 and you have access to any map,any weapon becausse you can pick them up of the floor wether your a low rank or not it doesnt matter.

COD4 OWNS ;)