Computer Forum Tech Guides

Aastii

VIP Member
What about one kinda about Batch Files. I know plently on them.... lol i just wanna wirte one so badbut i'm sure everyone lese on theis forum will know more stuff than me :'(

EDIT: hang on i dont think I'm thinking of Batch Files (yea great the one thing i can do really well, i dont know the name of) are they were you can write on Notepad and get your computer / server to do something like shutdown ad sart certain things etc.??

batch...

I don't think it would get approved because it is quite narrow and because trying to get around security is against forum rules if I remember correctly :p

Before I send my guide to mods, want to ask, even though it isn't fully completed, would I be ok to send it for a "how it is so far" if you get what I mean. I'm fairly happy with what I have so far, but still have a bit more to put in, but would rather know of changes to be made sooner rather than later, even though it isn't done proper yet

Feuerfrei.x

batch...

I don't think it would get approved because it is quite narrow and because trying to get around security is against forum rules if i remember correctly :p

nnnoooooooooooo omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg but i wanna do it sssssssssssoooooooooooo bad!!!!!!! :mad:

Aastii

VIP Member
hey, doesn't mean don't do it, I don't have a say, just saying it may be tricky to do without breaking rules.

I think it would be a good idea for some people that know a programming language (I know VB and I know egon does too) to colaboratively do a tutorial for learning it. It would be a hell of alot of work, I have put in alot into my guide but I know doing a full tutorial would have to be ongoing and even the first lot of it would be a huge undertaking

Respital

What about one kinda about Batch Files. I know plently on them.... lol i just wanna wirte one so badbut i'm sure everyone lese on theis forum will know more stuff than me :'(

EDIT: hang on i dont think I'm thinking of Batch Files (yea great the one thing i can do really well, i dont know the name of) are they were you can write on Notepad and get your computer / server to do something like shutdown ad sart certain things etc.??

If you know about it, write a guide! :)

apj101

VIP Member
Sorry for the delay linkin
Im made that a stick in teh section and you are our first official Tech Guide author
You can add the following to your signature
Approved CF Tech Guide author: Currently 01 guides approved; 01 Tech Guide points
feel free to include a link to the guide :)
WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apj101

VIP Member
OK guys this is getting confusing :(
I cant tell when someone is sumitting a title to write or if they are simply saying they would like to see a guide on a topic
So far it seems
respital - Networking/Servers
yes that is a great guide idea, lets stick to just windows as tlarkin may covers cross platform stuff. I look forward to reading it
Elimina8or - Computer Builds/Budget
What will this contian? example rigs? in which case they get too out of date easy
Or "how to build?" in which case i like the title
Jackassluver - Batch files
You can write one, be sure to cover common commands, background, a few exaple scripts. DO NOT PLARAGISE another site :)

Think i got them all
I look forward to seeing these guides

Dystopia

Sorry, I won't be doing the build guides. And I was going to update them within 3 months. But like I said, I cant do it anymore, got 2 part time jobs, a girlfriend, work around the house, races, practice riding my dirtbike, track maintence....so yeah. Oh, and I have to sleep of course :p

apj101

VIP Member
apj did you and dci get my pm from a few weeks back?
yeah! Im really looking forward to reading it. I thought DCI was looking after it but if not just let me know and Ill happily take a look

yay! thanks for the sticky! :)
No problem matey, really pleased to see the addition in your signature.

Sorry, I won't be doing the build guides. And I was going to update them within 3 months. But like I said, I cant do it anymore, got 2 part time jobs, a girlfriend, work around the house, races, practice riding my dirtbike, track maintence....so yeah. Oh, and I have to sleep of course :p
No problem matey, its a great idea but life comes first

Aastii

VIP Member
yeah! Im really looking forward to reading it. I thought DCI was looking after it but if not just let me know and Ill happily take a look

Yea I haven't got a reply from him yet. Is there a way I can send what I have so far too you? I can't send it in 1 or 2 pm or posts because of the length of it