Computer Forum Tech Guides

apj101

VIP Member
Yea I haven't got a reply from him yet. Is there a way I can send what I have so far too you? I can't send it in 1 or 2 pm or posts because of the length of it
put it into a post. I assume its finished and you are happy with it :)

Aastii

VIP Member
put it into a post. I assume its finished and you are happy with it :)

like I said in the pm it isn't completely finished yet.

Still got a couple of bits to add to it, pictures to put in and a fair bit of tidying up, all of which I'll get sorted at some point after tomorrow (last exam then). The reason I wanted to send it was to get it proof read from someone else before putting it up

linkin

VIP Member
Wait, so am i the only one that has made a guide so far? :eek:

What other ones do we "need" that are high on the priorities list? I'd be happy to do more, school holidays are coming up and i have nothing to do :eek:

apj101

VIP Member
Wait, so am i the only one that has made a guide so far? :eek:

What other ones do we "need" that are high on the priorities list? I'd be happy to do more, school holidays are coming up and i have nothing to do :eek:

yup, funny how so many users were screaming out for this and complaining that they wanted more input.....and yet none have taken advantage of the system

linkin

VIP Member
I am on holidays now. any suggestions for guides? my brothers gpu is faulty so i won't be playing anything :eek:

apj101

VIP Member
what ever you want buddy :) there were some good suggestions already.
Im very disappointed by the level of response to this scheme :(

tlarkin

VIP Member
what ever you want buddy :) there were some good suggestions already.
Im very disappointed by the level of response to this scheme :(

I haven't had time to sit down and write a full blown article yet. Too busy at work to do so. Plus learning new things right now. Teaching myself Drupal at the moment, and Drupal is so huge and so vast that I am already lost:eek:

linkin

VIP Member
Well the ones omega made for watercooling and building a pc still stand, i think they are quite adequate still.

perhaps someone familar with linux/ubuntu/similar could create a guide for first time users? I can't think of anything else at the moment and i have never used anything like that before. (apart from a certain boot cd that if i mentionw ould get me a ban or infraction :p)

linkin

VIP Member
Okay i've found one. we need a sticky explaining the difference between bits and bytes, as no matter how many times you tell people, they still think they are being ripped off/getting a better speed... sound good?

apj101

VIP Member
Well the ones omega made for watercooling and building a pc still stand, i think they are quite adequate still.

perhaps someone familar with linux/ubuntu/similar could create a guide for first time users? I can't think of anything else at the moment and i have never used anything like that before. (apart from a certain boot cd that if i mentionw ould get me a ban or infraction :p)
omega need only submit them. I may even unstick everything which is not a tech guide ;)

Okay i've found one. we need a sticky explaining the difference between bits and bytes, as no matter how many times you tell people, they still think they are being ripped off/getting a better speed... sound good?
hahaha not really substantial enough for a whole guide haah but nice thinking :) could be part of a whole section on HDD or ram?

linkin

VIP Member
omega need only submit them. I may even unstick everything which is not a tech guide ;)

hahaha not really substantial enough for a whole guide haah but nice thinking :) could be part of a whole section on HDD or ram?

a networking sticky? thats not really my area though...

lucasbytegenius

What about a guide about speeding up OS install times? It's more than it seems, if you want to look at it, let me know where to send it. It's a Word document, I may need some help with posting the images.