Computer Forum Tech Guides

tlarkin

VIP Member
I whipped out a bit more, but am not sure what the average person wants to read about. I want to do an introduction, not a tech dissertation on OS X. That can all be found on Apple's developer pages and no need to reinvent the wheel.

Thoughts on what else I should add to it?

fastdude

The 101's are good, but outdated here. They talk about components/software that has been obsolete for years :p I wouldn't mind writing a basic guide to a CPU - what it is/does :) I'll have a think about it

tlarkin

VIP Member
The 101's are good, but outdated here. They talk about components/software that has been obsolete for years :p I wouldn't mind writing a basic guide to a CPU - what it is/does :) I'll have a think about it

There is no reason to reinvent the wheel. Wikipedia pages already hold all that information. The guides are more of a how to, or introduction to something. You may want to put together a guide on how to make your processor efficient. Like, picking the right hardware, balancing out the rest of the system behind the processor. After all, a really good process with a bad configuration of motherboard, RAM and video card can be kind of pointless so to speak if it is not being used to it's fullest potential.

An introduction to understanding the features of processors would be great too. You could break down what each feature means spec wise, and then how it interacts with other hardware.

fastdude

Thanks for the advice, I'm starting a rough draft on wordpad now :)

EDIT how about "how to avoid bottlenecking your system" ? Too specific?

Last edited:

Feuerfrei.x

Just wondering....

What about one of basic information on c# / visual c# studio or do they all have to be about hardware??

thanks xxx

Aastii

VIP Member
With all my PC troubles I have lost my Memory guide and series of buyers guides (will redo and explain those later), however have recompiled the freeware list with a hell of alot more downloads, fixed the links to others, compiled links put in by other users and removed discontinued programs.

I know it isn't exactly a guide, but is an update to a now outdated and messy sticky, with OP that isn't active any more, so first post hasn't been touched in 5 years :p

=EDIT=

Would it also be a good idea, do you think, to create a list of f2p games as well to put in the computer games/consoles section?

Last edited:

fastdude

Would it be pointless to create an computer accronyms guide, or does the idea have some merit? Stuff for new users mainly? Like DIMMs, ROM, RAM, whatever? I tried google and there isn't really a Computer acronyms site/page/anwser

tlarkin

VIP Member
Meh, you better have the multiple definitions of Acronyms then. Just to name a few in computing that have different meanings...

WDS
MAC
ACL
ASP
ASR
NET

So on and so forth. I mean there are millions of technology related acronyms and lots of them have multiple meanings. There is also plenty of database sites already

http://www.acronyms.ch/searchResults?searchText=mac

Last edited:

fastdude

Bump - where are ya', lucas? I got a whole bunch of nice acronyms waiting to be PM'd
(Pretty much done all the hardware acronyms) :)
I'm an impatient person, sorry:D

Last edited: