Computer Problem. Picture Inside

david76008

So here are the specs on the Computer. Can't remember much since it's about 2 years old.

-Soyo sy-k7vkpe (I believe)
-AMD Athalon 2500
-(1)512mb DDR & (1)256mb DDR
-30gb Hard Drive
-Ethernet card that I got from my Cable provider. Just a simple 10/100 ethernet one, but I'm going wireless with this one.

I don't think the rest matters. Well, this computer started out working great. On without any problems for about a year an a half. It was left on pretty much 24/7, with minimal programs installed.

I recently moved it into another room, and it just went downhill. Everytime I turn it on, it shows the SOYO Motherboard logo, then the picture posted below.

What could be wrong? What should I do. Buy a new motherboard/cpu, or just forget it and get another one.

P.S. The last line that says "RPL-ROM-FFC:(number)" The number counts up, and will start over at 100 I think. Never stayed till watch it finish.

IMG00009.jpg

Last edited:

Platinum

No no no... has nothing to do with teh actual ethernet card. When you boot up your computer you'll see the manufacturers logo splash screen. Every manufacturer is different. When you see that splash screen you press the right key to get in. I think for Soyo it's the delete key.

If I'm correct, and it is the delete key, repeatedly tap it when you see the Manufacturer's logo screen. This will open your BIOS... usually a blue screen with all your computer's main settings. You're looking for the boot sequence. Find it... and make sure that network isn't setup to boot first. Make CD-ROM or HDD boot first. If CD-ROM or HDD is set to boot first and it's still trying to boot off a network, then you have a problem with your HDD (assuming there's no CD in the drive)

If it is not the delete key to get into the BIOS, look at the manuf. logo screen. It will usually tell you what keys do what... Boot menu, BIOS menu, etc. etc. - see what key it is to boot into the BIOS... if the screen goes away too fast simply restart the computer. Just remember to repeatedly tap that key to open the BIOS menu.