Free to Play Games

Aastii

VIP Member
Added Champions Online and Prism.

Didn't Champions online used to be pay to play :confused:

And also, Prism looks good, but the AI so so awful :p

Aastii

VIP Member
Just to let you guys know,Theres a lot of free full games here!

http://www.gamershell.com/search/?q=free+full+game

Many may not be on the list.

I prefer to not go through lists such as that for 2 reasons:

1. for clutter with bad games

2. Links into the first reason - if people are posting and recommending games, usually they have tried them and think they are good, so others will too, it prevents it from being a list of crap and a list of good (on f2p levels) games

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah i know what you mean Declan,But unless people know about these free games then how will they ever try them out and be able to recommend them! . :p

I didnt know about half of those on that list,Will be trying some out for sure though!

b4ux1t3

Definitely want to recommend League of Legends. I started today, and am utterly hooked. Thanks for the list!

Aastii

VIP Member
Definitely want to recommend League of Legends. I started today, and am utterly hooked. Thanks for the list!

Oh mate, thanks for putting that up. I've got countless hours play time on that game, so why it isn't in the list, I really don't know.

For anyone that hasn't tried it, give it a go, and persevere. It is a fairly steep learning cure, but once you have the basics you will start to build on that and get better and it is so much fun, and then, with the variety of heroes and more coming out regularly, it keeps things interesting as there is always something new and a different way of playing

Aastii

VIP Member
I wish LoL was offline too though...would make a fantastic singleplayer game too :p

It isn't offline, but you can play it single player. Set up a custom game and set every slot to bots, or of course, have more on one side than the other. Remember though that you won't get IP, or as much IP, depending on how many you have per side, because of it being an unbalanced game.

@Intel_Man The link doesn't work

Bananapie

Man I miss when Infantry was a good game.

There used to be a player mode called EOL(There still is, but I'll explain)

In EOL, it was a continuous 24/7 game, on a massive map where you could be solo on your own team, or invite other players to join a team up to I believe 8. Each team would go around killing each other. Several classes completely customizable by the weapons/armor etc you own. You get money by killing other players of course.

A cool thing was to get a team with an engineer, and build walls and turrets and hold down, technically camping a building.

The big thing about EOL were player bounties. Everyone had a player bounty, starting at 1, and for a little while it rises slowly by just surviving. You earned it mainly by killing other players. The highest one could go was 30,000 and this gave extra experience points and money to the player with the bounty, and to the other players on your team. It was a huge goal for everyone to try and obtain this bounty, and everyone elses goal was to kill the player with the bounty, as doing so earned a high reward. Not uncommon for several people to form teams to try and hunt the player down and kill.

Then they ruined the game by adding attributes, which made it nearly impossible for a new player to start up. The attributes were VIT(If I remember right, this was armor, and HP), STR(Carry more stuff because there was a weight limit by class, and if carried so much then there would be slowed movement.) and some others. You paid for these using the experience points you have, and classes/weapons/armor required certain attributes.

VIT absolutely ruined the game for new players. As a new player, you would get like a 9mm weapon with no damage, mainly a shield depleter to switch weapons and finish their HP. A couple other weapons you could buy, but VERY limited as you had no attributes for the better weapons. None which would kill people efficiently. You also were pretty much an outcast as the community was mainly very elitest, and you earned respect by killing people/being cool etc. So getting help wasn't a breeze. Old players with VIT were nearly impossible to kill, as their HP and defense was crazy high, and it was not uncommon for them to fight in parties.

Pretty much quit after that. The EOL community died following, and I pretty much quit playing Infantry all together. IDK how it is now, but some of the other game modes can still be fun, but they do not have the same customization as EOL did. Twin Peaks was a fun CTF kind of game mode, and then there was a GravBall zone where you rode on a bike and had a soccer ball kind of thing you tried to get in a goal. Pass between your team. Super fun.

There were clans and stuff too, and banners(icon type deals) on the side of your name you could make in game on a pixelated kind of paint deal, or import an image to pixelated form.

Really miss it. Wish something would come around like it again... but not by Sony? As they always seem to ruin every game they have (Infantry/Star Wars Galaxies/sure there are more)

Reallllllyyyyy miss it lol.

Sorry for the paragraph. Just sharing the game.