Free to Play Games

Des_Zac

As in the download is free? Okay, I thought they meant f2p as in monthly and I was saying it was never p2p monthly to begin with.

Intel_man

VIP Member
It's play for free. On a standard account, you don't get all the benefits as all the premium accounts do.

All previous buyers who bought TF2 will be automatically upgraded to premium accounts.

1337dingo

WoW is free till level 20 now, but not sure if it qualify because you have to pay to level any higher, but you cAn make as many level 20's as you like

Aastii

VIP Member
WoW is free till level 20 now, but not sure if it qualify because you have to pay to level any higher, but you cAn make as many level 20's as you like

It has always been like that. You make a trial account, you can only get to leel 20 and you can't get any more than 1g, which makes it pretty pointless unless you want to sit level 19 as a twink, but it will be difficult to get gear because you have no money to pay anyone that will craft the stuff for you.

WoW is not free to play, so will not be going on the list, a trial account and an entire free game are two different things, and WoW falls into the former

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dont forget APB Reloaded,Thats gone F2P now.

Not a bad game,But its a shame everything in game costs so much and theres quite alot of hackers ruining the game...But its still in BETA so hopefully things will change,still worth a play though.

Bananapie

It has always been like that. You make a trial account, you can only get to leel 20 and you can't get any more than 1g, which makes it pretty pointless unless you want to sit level 19 as a twink, but it will be difficult to get gear because you have no money to pay anyone that will craft the stuff for you.

WoW is not free to play, so will not be going on the list, a trial account and an entire free game are two different things, and WoW falls into the former

Didn't WoW implement XP in battlegrounds yet? I swore just before I quit, they had done so to help fight against twinks...

and yeah, leveling to lv20 and having several limitations =/= free.

Masterfulks

Age of Conan is F2P now. You get less character slots and I think inventory is a little restricted, but you have full access to the game world I believe.

I had an old lvl 20something that I've picked up and started playing.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just found another FPS called Project Blackout. :)

Im going to give this one a try.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
A nice new F2P Third Person shooter just popped up on steam for me called "War Inc.",Just gave it a go and its actually quite good.

Give it a go! :)

Screenshots in the Gaming screenshots thread.

EDIT-Another free 2 play game also

Firefall

Not in Public Beta yet though,So be sure to register now if you want Beta access when it does go public!

Last edited:

epidemik

Does anyone play spiral knights? Free to play and its on steam. To be honest I just played through the tutorial and didn't go any further (late last night) but I have a few friends who were talking about it a lot. Generally I hate that type of animation but my friends said it was a lot of fun so I'll probably try it out over the next few days.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/99900/?snr=1_4_4__13

jonnyp11

thnx for posting that, love that game and already beat it again, gave the other account away to a friend, but do you know, which i'm sure it isn't, if it's legal to make an account with the game on it, then sell the account on ebay?