Got Notification "RunDLL is missing"

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you get this error when turning your computer on? If so, then there is a program loading at bootup that is requesting this file and is no longer there. Have you don't any installing or uninstalling of programs recently? What operating system are you running? This also could be malware related since that dll filename didn't show up in an online search. Have you ran Malwarebytes to make sure your system is clean?

This can usually be stopped by unchecking the appropriate entry in the startup tab.

DPramudya

Do you get this error when turning your computer on? If so, then there is a program loading at bootup that is requesting this file and is no longer there. Have you don't any installing or uninstalling of programs recently? What operating system are you running? This also could be malware related since that dll filename didn't show up in an online search. Have you ran Malwarebytes to make sure your system is clean?

This can usually be stopped by unchecking the appropriate entry in the startup tab.
So initially, when I turned on my laptop, a sudden notification appeared from the Rav Endpoint Protection application. I'm not sure where the application came from as I never installed it before. The notification message stated that someone was tapping into my laptop's microphone, and I was required to scan for threats and malware.

After following the instructions, one malware was detected, and I deleted it. Then, after restarting my laptop, I received the RunDLL notification.