HELP! Computer Will not Boot

I'm getting the following message during the POST "AHCI BIOS not installed!!!!" "CMOS checksum error - Defaults loaded"
Everything was working fine until I tried turning on the computer this AM.

Any ideas?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That just means that your cmos battery is dead. You will need to replace it and set up the bios settings again. Hopefully you can remember the specific settings. You will most likely need a cr2032 battery for the motherboard.

John, thanks. But I have no clue as to the settings. What would I need to do?

Also, I don't know if it makes any difference, but the MB is a Foxconn BloodRage GTI LGA 1366

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you running IDE or SATA hard drive? If SATA, were you running ahci or IDE mode?

Running SATA, not 100% but I think IDE mode. Not sure, about the mode because once I had it set up a a few years ago, I haven't touched it. Also used this web sit to help build.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Then as long as you weren't overclocking then that should be the only setting you need to worry about. Replace the battery and see if it will boot into windows. If it does, the first thing you will need to do is change the date and time or you won't be able to get online. Let us know if it won't boot into windows after replacing the battery.

spirit

Staff member
Did you ever confirm that you were running in IDE mode (or Enhanced IDE) and not AHCI?

Go into your BIOS and look under the SATA settings and see what it's set to.

OK, I hit the F1 key, deleted what was supposed saved when the computer was last shut down, and Windows came up. Everything now appears to be working fine; even after another reboot.

Any ideas what was the problem?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Your cmos battery died. When it dies all your cmos settings go back to default. Meaning you had to change date and time either in bios or windows.