How do I donate cash to your Forum?

kona

I would like to thank Johnb35 for his tireless efforts that resulted in getting rid of the nasty viruses in my pc. A very big thank you sir!:):good:

I would like to give a cash donation to show my appreciation of your helpfull Forum.

Cheers,
Gary

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Well cash isn't a good way to donate money, especially to a forum. If you don't already, I suggest creating a paypal account.

wolfeking

banned
I am contacting a moderator to get him to answer the question. We normal members are not qualified to answer this question.

Aastii

VIP Member
Thank you for the offer, however the general response whenever someone has asked the same as you has always been that your thanks for the help is enough :). Everyone here does this voluntarily and generally for an enthusiasm and enjoyment in using, discussing and helping people with computers.

If you want to offer something back, stick around and contribute to the forums, otherwise just to say thanks when you get help or an answer is plenty, it is more than most do

kona

Yes - I did say thanks in my original post. John was a terrific help. I know it does take money to run a Forum so it would be nice to donate some money to help you guys out. I'm not rich by any means but I do appreciate that you folks were able to help me out and save me taking my pc into a local shop and leaving there. I would like to donate some money to help out if that's okay.

Just let me know if you have an email address connected to a Paypal account and I will "Send Money" that way.

I don't have much to offer here other than saying thanks and giving a small money donation to help your Forum. I obviously do not have technical pc skills haha. The Forum has lots of useful information on it and I could contribute by asking questions here now and then.

Thanks a bunch again guys,

Now.......if anyone here has questions about Vintage Drums...I may be aboe to help there:).........That IS my hobby.

Thank you for the offer, however the general response whenever someone has asked the same as you has always been that your thanks for the help is enough :). Everyone here does this voluntarily and generally for an enthusiasm and enjoyment in using, discussing and helping people with computers.

If you want to offer something back, stick around and contribute to the forums, otherwise just to say thanks when you get help or an answer is plenty, it is more than most do

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
As said, if you want to "repay" us then offer help to other members. I don't think we actually take donations as I can't find a link for it. Staff doesn't get paid to help other members. We just come in on our free time and do what we can do. And there is one more way to "repay" us....You can recommend our forum to other family, friends, coworkers.

You are greatly welcome for the help I gave you. If you don't mind, I would like to connect to your pc and check it out myself why it takes so long for IE to open. We can do this by you downloading and installing a program called teamviewer.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

I would just need your ID number and password that it assigns to you after installing the program. I don't have time today though as I have to go to work in an hour. I'm thinking we can get it cleared up totally.

kona

That's great - thanks John

I went to the link you provided for TeamViewer and downloaded it to my desktop.
If you want to send me an email when you're available to do this here is my email
[email protected]
Or - I will check back here from time to time and we can get together that way.

As said, if you want to "repay" us then offer help to other members. I don't think we actually take donations as I can't find a link for it. Staff doesn't get paid to help other members. We just come in on our free time and do what we can do. And there is one more way to "repay" us....You can recommend our forum to other family, friends, coworkers.

You are greatly welcome for the help I gave you. If you don't mind, I would like to connect to your pc and check it out myself why it takes so long for IE to open. We can do this by you downloading and installing a program called teamviewer.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

I would just need your ID number and password that it assigns to you after installing the program. I don't have time today though as I have to go to work in an hour. I'm thinking we can get it cleared up totally.

Last edited:

kona

Send an Email

Hi John
If you could send me an email - [email protected] - when a good time would be for you to view my pc I will try to coordinate with you on that. I downloaded the program you suggested that will allow you access to my pc.

Gary

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I will. Depending on my schedule could be either tomorrow, thursday or friday. I also have my own computer repair business and have appts set up while i'm off so I'll let you know.

tremmor

I like this idea and always did. Something new and worth while from extensive fellow members. Another adventure. Thats the way i do it with family when out of state.
works well.

kona

Sounds good to me.
I'm on Pacific Standard Time - West Coast BC Canada - if this helps to coordinate with an available time schedule.

I will. Depending on my schedule could be either tomorrow, thursday or friday. I also have my own computer repair business and have appts set up while i'm off so I'll let you know.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
I am available 0 - 24 hours to help since I am my own boss in the office lol so if you want I can also connect to your PC using TeamViewer and clean your computer's HDD from viruses if johnb35 is busy.I do this all the time with so many users so if you want I can do it if johnb35 is busy.

Cheers!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I am available 0 - 24 hours to help since I am my own boss in the office lol so if you want I can also connect to your PC using TeamViewer and clean your computer's HDD from viruses if johnb35 is busy.I do this all the time with so many users so if you want I can do it if johnb35 is busy.

Cheers!

Yeah, but I don't request payment like someone else does... :eek:

kona

John:
NOW I'M GETTIN A Windows - System Error
The Yellow triangle with exclamation mark in it telling me "There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network."
I'm available early (my time PST) this Friday morning - have an appointment out of the house from 9-10. Then I can be available anytime after that too throught the day. Let me know if that works for you

Last edited:

bratsos

John:
"There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network."

That happen when some1 in the network you belonge using the same ip with your.

That can will happen in 2 cases:

1. You are using static ip.:rolleyes:

2. Some1 else using static ip.:mad:

To solve this, try to check in network settings if you have automatic ip enable.

If you have already, then you must set manual ip, to connect with this network.

Eg: if you got issues with ip 192.168.1.4, then go manually and put :
192.168.1.20 255.255.255.0 and gateway and primary DNS server, the ip of your router. (eg ip router 192.168.1.1, server DNS and gateway = 192.168.1.1):cool:

Russ88765

Donations of computer parts? Yay or nay? Not requesting them, wondering about donating someday when able. If say for example I was to upgrade but still had something great condition i'd like to give to someone who could really use it, would that be okay hypothetically? I'd hate to let it go to waste.

Last edited:

Okedokey

Yeah, also you can send a cash donation to myself, and for a small 'handling fee' i can pass it on. ;) JJ