How Does Newegg's MIR work

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by mihir, Jun 15, 2011.

1. mihir

mihir Moderator Staff Member

I would be getting a 6950 from Newegg and was planning on getting the one with MIR.My Aunt will be bringing me the card.
    So I wanted to know how the MIR works,and how much time it takes and also what form the payment comes in?

2. voyagerfan99

voyagerfan99 The Chicken Master Staff Member

You fill out the form for the MIR. When the item comes, you cut out the UPC barcode on the box, and attach it to your order invoice. You then mail all three items to the address listed on the MIR form. After several weeks, you'll get a check for the rebate amount.

3. mihir

Ohh That is a lot of work,I would rather get the Non-MIR one since my aunt won't be willing to do that much work :D.

Thanks man.

4. strollin

strollin Active Member

If you think that is a lot of work you better hope you are from a wealthy family so you never need to get a job! :D

Seriously, the worst part is that it takes weeks for them to process the rebate so by the time you get it you had pretty much forgotten about it.

5. mihir

I cannot ask my aunt to postpone her ticket back to India and play hooky from her job and fill out some forms and post them and wait for a $20 cheque.Which may or may not arrive in 30days.
    She is getting me a card which I will get it shipped to her relatives place and I cannot ask more of her.

6. StrangleHold

StrangleHold Moderator Staff Member

Or maybe just put the return address to India. Might work, but dont really know. lol

7. mihir

HAHA
    The expression on the newegg guys would be priceless. :D

8. StrangleHold

StrangleHold Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, on the rebate just put your address in India.:eek:

9. mihir

I probably won't be getting the rebate since I don't want my aunt to post anything.
    Will Just get the best deal on a 2GB Twin Frozr or the Direct CU II

10. Motorcharge

Motorcharge New Member

Anything but instant anymore isn't worth the effort, especially if it's through anyone but the store or manufacturer. The 3rd party ones always screw you over.