No bootable devices.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Off topic, it says, to the left, that I am a new member, that is not really the case
That will change once you hit a certain amount of posts.

The bios should detect ssd and DVD drive providing data cables and power cables are attached to the drives. Try resetting bios to defaults.

DavidG

>>> That will change once you hit a certain amount of posts.

Fair enough, I don't post much, been here for a couple of years so it looked odd.

I am sure the SSD is connected because it is lying on the floor next to the open machine with a cheerful red cable plugged into it, but it is dark now, I can't get a look at the DVD, I expect it to be connected, I don't recall disconnecting it, I'd have had no reason too? We are off for Christmas in the morning, so it will be when I get back, which I think will be Wednesday.
You also need a SATA power cable to the drive, so there should be two cables in all

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
And why do you want your account deleted? I am an admin but unfortunately not the forum owner and only he can delete accounts. The only thing I can do is ban your account.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Thats because the forum owner doesn't give us regular admins many permissions to do things. I have just banned your account since you felt like you had to delete your posts.