Oil/Gas Treatment? Which is most effective?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by oscaryu1, Jul 8, 2007.

1. oscaryu1

oscaryu1 VIP Member

Just wondering which of these will help an 01' Camry CE and an 91' Previa out the most:

Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner
    Rislone Engine Treatment
    STP Fuel Injection and Carburetor Treatment
    Super Tech Fuel Injection and Carburetor Cleaner
    Super Tech Fuel Injection and Carburetor Cleaner (Super Concentrated)
    STP Octane Booster (Barely Street Legal = from a sticket on the bottle)
    Super Tech Gas Treatment
    No Leak Engine Oil Treatment
    Gumout Fuel Injection Cleaner
    Prestone Belt Dressing
    Prestone Fuel Injector Cleaner
    Marvel's Mystery Oil

I already bought all these (cause im crazy). Which ones are best and most effectivE?

2. spanky

spanky New Member

As I go to an automotive institute for higher learning, I recommend only, if only, you really feel as if you must put something in your engine, a top engine cleaner. Whatever the brand may be it should also say "top engine cleaner". Gas companies already put additives in the fuel that all those other things you bought do, so they're junk. YOU SHOULD NEVER PUT ANY THING THAT SAYS IT WILL STOP LEAKS INTO ANYTHING IN YOUR CAR. Belt dressings just mask the fact that you need to replace the belt, the dressing WILL NOT fix the problem. I think I just about covered all those products. Any other questions just ask.

3. oscaryu1

oscaryu1 VIP Member

Doh' X( Ive already added MMO and SUper Tech fuel injection cleaner in my 91 and 01. I have felt that the 01 has going much smoother and a bit quieter... Ive only used the Noleak and MMO and Super tech fuel injection cleaner. Why?

4. INTELCRAZY

INTELCRAZY banned

NOS makes an octane booster and I have used it in my dad's truck right before I changed the spark plugs and wires. I saw a pretty good difference after that, of course by changing the plugs but, it was beyond the average change with the octane booster. I have also used "SeaFoam" and it's the best, some way we got water in the fuel, thanks to Chevron, we put in a bottle of SeaFoam and I think it helped the truck to not 'foul' a spark plug.

Now for diesel, Amsoil Diesel Treatment is the best, I used to use it in my truck....

5. spanky

spanky New Member

Well "no leak" deals usually make seals swell to take the space of the leaking area which means it can also block passages from receiving as much fluid as it should. MMO and super tech are just additives that are already in your pump gas. As for octane boosters, they're really only for engines that need higher octane than premium. You can actually run the risk of serious engine damage by adding octine boost. Would you? I'd certainly just buy the proper gas from the pump.

Honestly, the best treatment for your engine is water through a vacuum line in the top of the engine controlled by a line clamp. This should only be done under the supervision of someone that knows what they're doing. This will break away carbon build up than in fuel additives cannot reach.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  6. oscaryu1

oscaryu1 VIP Member

Yes I have heard of sea foam and the wonders. same the MMO... well could yall teach me the tuen up operations for cars? I have never changed my spark plugs, distributor cap (what is this?), spark plug wires... I need to know ANY tune up operation for both of these cars. Evenn the best coolant available. I am currently running all these fluids (one by one).

Oh yes, do yall know any UPGRADES for looks and performance? I really want to start getting more torque and HP. (any of yall know how to gain HP and torque? not recover, just gain)

7. Geoff

Geoff VIP Member

The octane booster only raises the level of octane in the gas, which is a complete rip off because you could have just gotten 91 octane gas instead of 87.

I've used seafoam a number of times, it's the best stuff IMO. I mainly use it through the brake booster line, and in conjunction with TB cleaner it made my old car run much better.

8. oscaryu1

oscaryu1 VIP Member

Seafom restores lost HP or gains ? And no one has answered my question about an Complete tuneup . I can buy anything for the tuneup, plugs, everything. I will go deep insiide the engine if I have to. I have probably all the necessary tools already.

9. spanky

spanky New Member

what about a complete tune-up? just buy one of those hayne's manuals from advanced auto parts whatever auto store you shop at and it will tell you how to "tune-up" your vehicleand what you need.

As far as gaining HP: that all depends on how much you want to gain.

10. INTELCRAZY

INTELCRAZY banned

For a complete Tune Up

Plugs & Plug wires
    Replace the distributor or Coil packs(which can be expensive)
    air filter
    fuel filter
    clean out the radiator('pull the plug' & use a water hose and Blue Wolf degreaser)
    Check catalytic converter for clogging(if so, replace it)

For gaining HP, don't use higher octane fuel it doesn't burn any better unless, it is significantly higher than the type you usually use. Like I use 89 most of the time, so I used 93 and put in the NOS octane booster, I had I think around 98-100 octane.

If you want to add power, add a Cold Air Intake and check to see if your car has a chip tuner for it on the market.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  11. PabloTeK

PabloTeK Active Member

You could also (if you were really mad and had a lot of cash) put a turbo/supercharger on.

12. spanky

spanky New Member

If his cat was clogged. I'm pretty sure he would notice that his car didn't run or barely ran at all...

13. oscaryu1

oscaryu1 VIP Member

I am focused on the 01' Camry for right now:

Plugs - Where can I find correct plugs? Are there any hotter spark plugs compatiable with the 01' Camry CE? Any upgrade plugs?

Distributor - Where the heck is it? And on a site it said that replacing the distributor cap was a tune up too. Where is that?

Coil pack - What?? Whereis this? The alternator?

Air Filter - Is there any better air filters? Like an racing type? If its an paper element are you supposed to oil it? Or is that for the foam type?

Fuel filter - where is this?

Radiator - I think I know where this is... its right up front of the car. What do you mean "pull the plug"? Wont the coolant be contaminated if I wash it with water and "Blue Wolf Degreaser"? Will any degreaser do? Where can I get blue wolf?

Cat thingy - I'm pretty sure its a box that hooks up with the exhaust. "check it" How?

Cold air intake - What is this? Where is this located at?

What I have found upgrades:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyo...tegoryZ42604QQihZ015QQitemZ250139879731QQrdZ1

Gas Saver ^

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyo...tegoryZ42604QQihZ001QQitemZ110146504567QQrdZ1

Speed Chip ^

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE...tegoryZ33710QQihZ016QQitemZ260137236334QQrdZ1

Intake Kit ^

Are any of these 100% compatiable?

Supercharge/Turbocharge - How much $$$? How long to install?

14. PabloTeK

PabloTeK Active Member

Well they can cost a lot and take a while to install because of their size. They may not fit in the car. One warning about a turbo though, it won't be any good for a while until you give it the beans and rev high enough for it to spin.

15. oscaryu1

oscaryu1 VIP Member

OK thanks for the info. I would never get a turbo though, a supercharger is better since its driven by the engine =). No one has answered my other questions yet.

16. PabloTeK

PabloTeK Active Member

The 3 eBay links look a tad dodgy, I'd be wary of them.

17. INTELCRAZY

INTELCRAZY banned

For all this go to Advance Auto, don't buy the cheap stuff from advance auto. Do you have any mechanic buds? K&N is the best air filter on the market...

18. oscaryu1

oscaryu1 VIP Member

19. PabloTeK

PabloTeK Active Member

I like how it says use Premium fuel as that helps increase power anyway.

20. INTELCRAZY

INTELCRAZY banned