out of memory at line: 3

Wired

Im getting this message. I suspect it means im out of ram right? The problem with that is i have 1 gig of ram but in the task manager it only says im using about 400MB..?

Also i dont if you guys can help with this but I brought my computer into a have the mother bored swaped for one with pci-e. but when i gave it to them it had 1 gig of ddr2 533. when i got it back i had ddr ram...WTH..should i bring it back?

PC eye

banned
They swapped out a newer board for an older for the PCI-E slot there apparently! What cpu where you running on the first? AMD or Intel? The prices on AM2 boards have come down as well as on 775 models that run DDR2 memory. You should specified the use of the same hardwares(memory, cpu) on the new board. I think you got stuck with an older type board since something like a 478 or 939 board would be seen with DDR at this time.

Wired

no um I thought that ment how much ram it was using:( but anyways i quess i need more ram right?

OH and umm...I had a p4 with 1gig of 533 ddr2 and when i got it back I had a P4 with ddr ram:p I dont why the hell they would downgrade my bored like that but..I guess ill bring it back in and ask for my old bored back. i just cant use the pci-e bc it only had a pci slot.:(

frost02

sounds like they did a switch and gave you an older board. not cool i suggest you take it back for sure.

PC eye

banned
I would be irrate there a little. That's precisely what happened. They simply swapped a DDR board with a PCI-E capability for your AGP DDR2 model in stead of installing one that runs the memory you already had. For future reference make sure you specify the things you want if you go somewhere for upgrade.

apj101

VIP Member
sorry, but what method are you using to determine your ram type?
You say you are running ddr ram now....how do you know?