WIndows 10 Pc problems?

HIrek

Hello,
When i play fortnite my pc has 70% cpu (idk if this is good) and of course i have my fps capped at 144 fps running low graphic but problem is that sometimes my fps are dropping down and then they go up. When i play league of legends on high settings my pc has 214 fps at the start and then they go down, and what should i upgrade in my pc?

here is benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/55354389

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
How many programs are running at bootup? You really want to stop any unnecessary programs from running at bootup that don't need to be. Single channel ram may be a factor as well since you are only using 1 stick.

HIrek

How many programs are running at bootup? You really want to stop any unnecessary programs from running at bootup that don't need to be. Single channel ram may be a factor as well since you are only using 1 stick.
programs that are marked with red are off when i bootup, and if i want to buy a 2 ram stick and i will buy fx 8gb x2 3200 mzh, but my pc is stuck at 2666 mzh (its max) than is it better to buy ram with lower mzh?

Attachments

• es.PNG
    es.PNG
    33.9 KB · Views: 2

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The motherboard only supports ram up to 2933mhz officially and I'm not actually saying the whole issue is the with only single channel ram. There could be a lot of things causing the problem. Do you know what that update entry from github is for? Also Edge and one drive should be disabled. Edge don't need to be running at bootup. If you don't use one drive that can be disabled. Also noticed that you have java update on there. Unless you use java then I would actually uninstall it.

What specific model of power supply are you using?

Have you ran any malware scans lately using Malwarebytes?

HIrek

The motherboard only supports ram up to 2933mhz officially and I'm not actually saying the whole issue is the with only single channel ram. There could be a lot of things causing the problem. Do you know what that update entry from github is for? Also Edge and one drive should be disabled. Edge don't need to be running at bootup. If you don't use one drive that can be disabled. Also noticed that you have java update on there. Unless you use java then I would actually uninstall it.

What specific model of power supply are you using?

Have you ran any malware scans lately using Malwarebytes?
github as i read from google is related with discord and i can disabled it
Java is there, because 1 time per month or even more i like to play minecraft
My power supply is: Corsair CX650M, 650W PSU
I did not ran any malware scans

beers

Staff member
What about temperatures?

Also FPS can vary a lot depending on what's being drawn on screen. If you look at the ground you can get 250+ FPS but panning around will decrease that value.

Decrease background tasks as per the suggestion from the benchmark (close browser or other programs before loading the game), maybe add another stick of the same RAM you have as that is easily the weakest benchmark in the test.

HIrek

What about temperatures?

Also FPS can vary a lot depending on what's being drawn on screen. If you look at the ground you can get 250+ FPS but panning around will decrease that value.

Decrease background tasks as per the suggestion from the benchmark (close browser or other programs before loading the game), maybe add another stick of the same RAM you have as that is easily the weakest benchmark in the test.
If you can, can you help me how to overcloak ram to 2933 mzh? i have the xmp on, (idk if it still on after i hard reset the pc) and of course i will buy double 8gb ram.

HIrek

If you can, can you help me how to overcloak ram to 2933 mzh? i have the xmp on, (idk if it still on after i hard reset the pc) and of course i will buy double 8gb ram.
because, johnb said that my max is 2933 but when i am trying to go over that so my pc isn't stable and just dont want to run