Post Your Desktop "Background screenshot"

double-dragon

desktop0bh.jpg

My Desktop...I like Iron Maiden...and a clean desktop :p

SFR

Truth fears no questions
MY_BACKGROUND2.JPG

.... If a cluttered desk signifies a cluttered mind.. What does an empty desk signify?

LOL!

Last edited:

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Bobo said:
Never tried hooking up to tv-maybe I should. gotta take advantage of my new comp
You don't need a supercomputer to have a video desktop. All you need is an AIW video card from ATI - with such a card you can watch TV without loosing any CPU performance. I had TV on my desktop even on a 166 MHz AMD K6...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
All you need is an AIW video card from ATI - with such a card you can watch TV without loosing any CPU performance
Or any tv tuner really although the AIW does stand out for its driver integration. Another one that stands out is the ASUS tuners :)

Bobo

banned
SFR said:
... If a cluttered desk signifies a cluttered mind.. What does an empty desk signify?

LOL!

Absolutely!

I couldn't delete the Recycling Bin icon, would I be able to do that through safe mode?

Rambo

Where can I get motion backgrounds/wallpapers that change every 5 mins or so? For XP Pro by the way....

Oh yeah, and also, I see people with these lovely desktop themes and all have is the blue and green one (default?), sliver one (that's ok..) and......Olive green!! (eeeughhh, horrible scheme to me...). I only have three? Is there an online resource where they share schemes that peple have made?

Cheers,
Rambo.

Bobo

banned
Rambo said:
Where can I get motion backgrounds/wallpapers that change every 5 mins or so? For XP Pro by the way....

Oh yeah, and also, I see people with these lovely desktop themes and all have is the blue and green one (default?), sliver one (that's ok..) and......Olive green!! (eeeughhh, horrible scheme to me...). I only have three? Is there an online resource where they share schemes that peple have made?

Cheers,
Rambo.

I have the silver theme, I don't know where people get diff ones?

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hey, guys, what are you doing with your computers? What's the advantage of turning them on something as kitschy as a pakistani truck?

Bobo

banned
Lorand said:
Hey, guys, what are you doing with your computers? What's the advantage of turning them on something as kitschy as a pakistani truck?

Just making them look good..... :D

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Hey mgoldb2 you should turn on your Windows Firewall....

..oh and you actually use the language toolbar:confused:

:D

mgoldb2

VIP Member
SFR said:
..oh and you actually use the language toolbar:confused:

:D

what is the language toolbar? I only been using xp for like 2 weeks now before that it was win 2000.

thanks for reminding me to turn my firewall back on I forgot I turned it off.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
mgoldb2 said:
what is the language toolbar? I only been using xp for like 2 weeks now before that it was win 2000.
mgoldb2 said:
thanks for reminding me to turn my firewall back on I forgot I turned it off.

On the bottom right of your screen (just left of the taskbar) there is a language toolbar... you don’t really need it there unless you use your microphone and the speech recognition tools (which, if you do use, are pretty cool).

anyway... I was partly joking around. Instead of just staring at those two gigantic and beautiful :eek: on your desktop I was looking at the taskbar... lol nevermind