Problem with radeon 9800xt "NO SIGNAL INPUT" Anyone know why???

Marky Mark

Hi, I dont know too much about computers. I downloaded Age of Empires 3 trial version and lauched it to play. After the screen pops up prefectly fine and i being to click on the menu everything works. But after about 1min my whole screen goes BLACK and reads VGA no signal input...I dont know what the problem is, this also happens when my computer is on for a long time when not in use.

I have:

Pentium 4
3.4 GHz
1.0GB of ram
and the 9800xt

Can someone please help me out, as to what the problem could be???

THanks a whole lot =)

Marky Mark

Motoxrdude said:
Over heating maybe?

you think it would be over heating when i start AOE 3??? i mean the computer been on for awhile and then when i lauch it, 30secs into playing, it shows VGA NO SIGNAL INPUT:(

Motoxrdude

The thing i am thinking of is that the refresh rate goes higher then your monitor can handle. Go to Start>Control panel>Display>Settings tab>Advanced>Monitor tab> Now select the refresh rate of 75Hertz. Then try AOE3 again. If the problem persist, try and get the latest drivers from ATI website.

Marky Mark

so u dont think its overheating...idk ill try what u said...it that a good monitor by the way? have u heard of it? and any problems? i thought it would be the monitor...ok let me try what u said.

Marky Mark

Motoxrdude said:
Ok, let me know how it goes.

tried the refresh rate...and it still doesnt work...i dont think its overheating either, i just dont kno what it could be, im going to get the full version of the game tomrw and see if that works...

Motoxrdude

Set your resolution at 1024X768 and set the refresh rates at 75Hertz as i said before.

Also, do you have another monitor you can test this on?

EDIT: Get the latest drivers at ATI's website.

Marky Mark

ok i bought the game today...and same shit happens...30secs blank screen and reads VGA No Signal input and then Power Down....WTF!!!!