rocketfish vs. monster cables

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by minfingr, Mar 11, 2008.

1. minfingr

minfingr New Member

hi. im a bit confused. i was in a store buying a HD cable receiver, and of course the thing doesn't come with the hdmi/dvi cable. during the sales pitch for the cable, he compared rocketfish and monster cables. in my experience, it's just a name brand, either is just as good the only difference is money. but he said something that made me curious. i was on my lunch so i couldn't get into further discussion with him but here's my question.

he said the big difference b/w rocket and monster was the shielding. monster has better shielding. apperantly with rocketfish, if you have a lot of electronics around your setup, it can cause interference. this piqued my curiosity because i am having the exact same problem with my rocketfish Optical audio cable. after an hour or so, the sound starts crackling and there's noise. im an electronics technician, so i know that electronic noise shouldn't interfere with an optical signal. as far as i know anyway.

so is this a fact? or just sales BS? i just want to make sure. i have a Belkin HDMI cable running from my dvd player to my tv, and i haven't had any trouble with that at all.

do you think i should try a monster cable optical audio cable and will that solve my audio noise? ANY help is really appreciated. thanks a lot.

2. m0nk3ys1ms

m0nk3ys1ms New Member

Monster= Waste of Money. Go with a cheaper brand.

3. minfingr

minfingr New Member

thats what ive always thought. has anybody had any interference problems with other brands, and is this common with rocketfish? i only have the audio cable, so i wouldn't know.

lol. my buddy told me about this survey someone did where they made people listen to music on a stereo. they compared monster cables to coat hangers and NO ONE could tell the difference!

4. m0nk3ys1ms

m0nk3ys1ms New Member

5. Vizy

Vizy New Member