Sony Vaio Tower Logo Flashing and Beeping!

Discussion in 'Desktop Computers' started by badboydeejay, Jul 31, 2006.

1. badboydeejay

badboydeejay New Member

Ive got a Vaio PCV-2228 and it has worked like a dream for over 3 years. Its only recently that the tower starts to beep. First it was every now and then and now it just constantly emits this high pitch whenever the computer is on! The logo on the front of the tower (under the CD drives) also flashes at the same time! Ive looked everywhere for an answer to get rid of the noise but with no such luck!

Any help would be much appretiated!!

Chris!

2. robina_80

robina_80 Active Member

format the hd and install windows again thats what i would do

3. badboydeejay

badboydeejay New Member

So is the beeping telling me that there is something wrong with the software rather than the hardware?

Cheers!

4. bebopin64

bebopin64 New Member

sounds more like a hardware problem. maybe the cpu is overheating.

5. badboydeejay

badboydeejay New Member

Would a tower beep for that reason?

6. badboydeejay

badboydeejay New Member

Any ideas how to fix this? I was thinking a overheating problem as well because the beeping seems to be coming from the Hard Drive!

7. wicked859

wicked859 banned

download and install everest, google it...., and check your tempatures by going to computer then sensor, after its installed, check your temps, post them here, and then we will see if its overheating, if its not then you should reformat and install windows again, if the problem consists, buy a new hdd.

8. badboydeejay

badboydeejay New Member

Cheers mate, will get on it and let you know!

9. badboydeejay

badboydeejay New Member

MB Temperature: 36C
    CPU Temperature 89C

10. badboydeejay

badboydeejay New Member

I have found that this must be a problem with the motherboard, although I cant afford to replace it at the moment an would like to just turn that bloody annoying beep off instead.

Any ideas how to do this? Ive checked the BIOS - Hardware and there is no option to turn off sensors of any type!

11. StrangleHold

StrangleHold Moderator Staff Member

Hot Hot Hot

12. badboydeejay

badboydeejay New Member

Any ideas????

13. aaronaldo

aaronaldo New Member

i had exactly the same problem and same pc,i reinstalled windows and while i was reinstalling that it was still bleeping,then eventually the motherboard went,so if u want a solution id buy a new pc mate,sonys are not very good,a motherboard will proably cost you as much as a new decent computer,but thats my advice and thats wat i did when my motherboard eventually went.

14. PabloTeK

PabloTeK Active Member

Well constant beeping means your CPU is about to die; check if your processor fan is spinning and the metal heatsink is clear of dust.

15. the unremarkable

the unremarkable New Member

i know this has been a while but mine has done the same thing . it took me a while to sort it out but it was the procesor full of fluff aand dust. u need to give it a good blow and it will start to come out.. totaly down to over heating.