Survival/End of the World TV Shows

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by gamblingman, Mar 3, 2011.

1. gamblingman

gamblingman VIP Member

I like watching shows like the mini-series Survivors (a British series cancelled in 2008) or Life After People. But its hard to find shows like these and I was wondering if anyone here likes any shows like these. And though I like some zombie filcks, thats not really what I'm looking for. I also liked the short-lived show, The Colony, even though it was kinda dumb and they cheated a lot.

Movies are good too, for instance The Quiet Earth, A Boy and His Dog (the book was better!), 12 Monkeys was about right, etc...

So any ideas for shows or movies?

2. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

3. voyagerfan99

voyagerfan99 The Chicken Master Staff Member

I loved Life After People. It was a pretty awesome projection!

I know it's kind of just a zombie movie, but have you seen I Am Legend with Will Smith?

4. gamblingman

gamblingman VIP Member

My brother mentioned Children of Men, just forgot about it. I'll check that out. And thanks for the other recomed! An yeah the wife got Netflix recently. But, I really thought there would be more to watch instantly, I hate waiting ages for a movie to come in the mail.

Life after people is sweet, I was re-watching some of the episodes today. And yeah i saw Legend, pretty good movie. And I saw both the release version ending and the original ending.... I liked the original ending better.

I saw Book of Eli recently and I was disappointed by it. I really thought it would have a better plot. (SPOILER IN WHITE TEXT AHEAD) With the bible and blindness.... BORING! It was also like watching a Fallout 3 movie. I'd rather play the game.

5. ian

ian Administrator Staff Member

I think I started a thread on survivors, that was so excellent and I am really really annoyed that they cancelled it without producing the stories that they bought.
    I liked the book of eli, "The Road" came out about the same time, I liked that movie as well.

6. voyagerfan99

voyagerfan99 The Chicken Master Staff Member

The Survivors was the one Discovery did right? It was the people that lived together in a town after an incident?

7. gamblingman

gamblingman VIP Member

I really enjoyed Survivors, the episode with the coal mine was exceptional. I guess the series was a little slow going in the first season. But by the second season it was moving and getting really good. But instead of a great show like Survivors, they put on stupid shows like primeval, what a joke!

And ohhhh yeah! I forgot about The Road, thanks

Survivors was a BBC production set in Britain after a sickness has killed all but about 1% of the world population. It was made a few years ago, but got canceled after only 2 seasons.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  8. ian

ian Administrator Staff Member