The New Toy/Recently Purchased Items Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by jimmymac, Jan 2, 2007.

1. jimmymac

jimmymac Moderator Staff Member

Should it be official or not, i dunno, can let a mod decide....or close it :D

The idea here is to post your new toys, probably best to keep it non computer related. Just a chance to show off what funky items you've bought, been given as present...picked up without paying for yet and can't get anymore because they've changed the locks :D

So heres your chance to boast.....but pics are essential otherwise you shall be branded a lying toe rag by myself and anyone else who see's fit :p

so i shall start.....

Finally bit the bullet a couple of days ago and picked up the TV i've been after for ages

Samsung 26" LCD, HD Ready, Digital. blah blah blah, you can bet this bad boy will be hooked up to the pc in no time at all!

[​IMG]

and yes it did get a good clean around the edges as soon as i had seen the picture myself :D

But possibly the greatest new toy in the world ever......the christmas present from my girlfriend!

[​IMG]

how sweet is that! Replica of Ferrari's formula one car in lego. Already well into building it and its a beast, will be nearly 30 inches in length once completed :D

2. Buzz1927

Buzz1927 Digaredd Staff Member

Lego! You lucky bugger :D

3. jimmymac

lol, i know, Loved lego as a kid, always got it for christmas and you wouldn't see me for days on end.

Vicki knew that I was originally after the lego Enzo, didnt even know there was a Formula 1 car available.

Completely regressed when i saw it, became ten again with a huge grin on me face, spent the next 4 hours completely ignoring her because I was too in to building :D

4. Buzz1927

Always the best way to treat a woman :D

5. jimmymac

haha, yeah, although she seemed quite content to sit there and catch up on the soaps :)

6. Buzz1927

Surprised she wasn't shopping for shoes :eek:
    I always loved Meccano.

7. ian

ian Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    I got one of these radio controlled flying saucers at christmas, only it is red and without the landing pad, it cost around $25 and I have had so much fun with it, seeing how long I can keep it in the air without crashing in the lounge room.

8. jimmymac

i've seen these for sale before, have to admit i have been tempted, might just have to grab one now :)

9. Buzz1927

How do you control it, it looks like there's only a trigger.

10. ian

ian Administrator Staff Member

yeah it is basically a moulded piece of foam, the kind that they make those disposable coffee cups out of, lightweight, with a fan. The radio control just controls the fan rotors, so you can only give it power to go up via the radio control. You have no control over other directions which it veers.
    On a fully charged battery, you might get 4 minutes fly time out of it at most. It takes about 7 minutes to recharge. I have yet to take it to a park and see how high it will actually go. You can usually pick them up cheap at the markets. And if it smashes into anything in the house, it doesnt do any damage.

11. computermaineack

computermaineack New Member

I have something like that, except it's made by Tyco, and it's a lot bigger. I never did get it to work...

12. JamesBart

JamesBart New Member

ive got the same telly and ive still got all my lego! how mad is that? madness :D

13. The_Other_One

The_Other_One VIP Member

Well... These aren't totally computer related ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The i2 was just given to me, and I've had the GPS 76 for a while now. The GPS76 doesn't have a map or anything on it, so it's no good for the road. However, it's waterproof and all so it's wonderful for say my boat ;)

14. g4m3rof1337

g4m3rof1337 New Member

Ill have to upload pictures of my TV and stuff.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  15. mrbagrat

mrbagrat banned

I got the 4th item down:
    http://southord.com/catalog.asp?cat=sets
    Nice little set. I've already opened 2 of my masterlocks in about 20 minutes each. Gonna have to practice a lot.

I also got Orson Scott Card's Empire, and Michael Crichton's Next. Both excellent books.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.pro...D201&JRSource=PriceGrabber.datafeed.SEN+HD201

Great for the price. Extremely comfortable, great sound quality, and durable.

And about 300$ in cash from relatives for my computer. Add that to 300 more from parents, 450 raised myself, and I'm well on my way to my big present-my computer. :)

16. jimmymac

nice, but remind me not to give out my address on here or details of when i might be out ;)

completed the Ferrari.....by god she's a big un :D

[​IMG]

17. g4m3rof1337

g4m3rof1337 New Member

wow.
    nice

18. bigsaucybob

bigsaucybob New Member

What is with the lighter?

19. Dropkickmurphys

Dropkickmurphys New Member

thats one fine bit of Lego :p i have just thrown out all my old lego as im moving house :(

have you seen the full size F1 Lego Car at Legoland? its been a few years since i last went, but it might still be there :)

20. robina_80

robina_80 New Member

the lighters there to show the size ratio camparision