The "Tech News" Thread

Discussion in 'General Computer Chat' started by Shane, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Shane

Shane ComputerForum Fanatic Staff Member

Im always lagging behind when some interesting news comes out so i thought why not create a thread that we can all Share and post the latest and interesting technology news and discuss them.

Valve® and AMD Team Up to Provide Gamers with Easy ATI Catalyst™ Driver Updates on Steam

Helps ensure gamers always have the most up-to-date drivers with the AMD auto-notification feature directly on the Steam platform....Seems kind of a good idea to me,But lots of people choose drivers suited to their needs, forcing updates would not go down well imo,Especially if newly released drivers are problematic or something like they can be sometimes.

Source:
    http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20100914007367/en/Valve®-AMD-Team-Provide-Gamers-Easy-ATI

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  2. Dystopia

Dystopia New Member

Good thread idea, for sure!

3. joh06937

joh06937 New Member

4. Dystopia

Dystopia New Member

That post about the mind control makes me not want to join them military....

5. joh06937

joh06937 New Member

it isn't as much mind control as it is mind enhancement. but it does seem like it could be a bit dangerous. convincing the body it is in a state it isn't...

6. Dystopia

Dystopia New Member

Yes, but do you really think they will stop at "mind enhancement"? No, they will start putting thoughts in your head so that you do what those thoughts tell you to do...

7. fastdude

fastdude New Member

8. fastdude

fastdude New Member

9. Shane

10. G25r8cer

G25r8cer Active Member

11. joh06937

joh06937 New Member

those sites are actually the ones you suggested in the thread i had a while back about tech news :p

12. G25r8cer

G25r8cer Active Member

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  13. joh06937

joh06937 New Member

adobe released a 64 bit version of flash player. those testing out ie 9 or using ie 8 (or lower) be sure to install it and watch youtube vids on your 64 bit internet browser!

14. joh06937

joh06937 New Member

15. Shane

You tried them both in X64 mode joh06937?...had any problems?

Im suprised,I thought it would be a handy and informative thread to share but,Oh well :eek:

Those processors look impressive for the Smartphones,Just shows how far the portable devices are really getting now.

Some other news that some people mey not already know..

Nvidia Fermi successor called Kepler, coming next year

Source:
    http://www.tcmagazine.com/tcm/news/...ermi-successor-called-kepler-coming-next-year

28nm process!!!!:eek:

16. joh06937

joh06937 New Member

nope. youtube vids worked very well. it was nice to be able to use a 64 bit browser seeing as how mine has not been used since i installed windows :p

absolutely. in the pcworld one they name some of the things that it will support... dual lcds, usb 3.0, directX and openGL! friggin' awesome stuff.

17. Shane

Im going to give it a try! :)

:eek:

You know what that all mean though = $$$,They are going to cost alot. :cool:

18. joh06937

joh06937 New Member

19. salvage-this

salvage-this Active Member

the clock speeds are quite impressive for the mid range cards but I am excited to see if amd will finally go over 1gb/256bit for their future cards.

I am also really excited to see how the 28nm process effects the performance and heat of the new nvidia gpus

20. Aastii

Aastii Global Moderator Staff Member

I would like to see if they get decent yield with dropping the size again on a new architecture, and they don't embarrass themselves again like they did with fermi