Ti-84 Plus Calculator Question

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by soccerdude, Aug 23, 2008.

1. soccerdude

soccerdude New Member

Hi guys,

I have a Ti-84 Plus calculator and I am looking for the percent button however I cannot find it.

Example: Something costs $12.00 plus 5%. I know I can do $12.00 multiplied by .05 and then press equal which will give me the amount of the 5% which is $.60 I then have to add $12.00 to get a final answer of $12.60. This is what I have to do for calculating percent on this calculator which I find is a bit long for a simple calculation like this.

So is there a percent button on this calculator like this I do not have to do these steps for calculating percent?

Thanks

2. Sir Travis D

Sir Travis D banned

12.00 times 1.05?

3. Ethan3.14159

Ethan3.14159 Active Member

there isnt a percent button, you just going to have push those extra buttons

4. scooter

scooter banned

ahaha..I got stumped too...as far as I can tell the Ti-84 does not have a percent key.

5. fatal1ty_fan

fatal1ty_fan New Member

yay for the TI-89 =)

6. /\E

/\E New Member

TI-89 has a different layout... I don't recall it having a percent key. TI-89 is also not accepted on most standardized tests...

Converting a percent to a decimal is not that difficult of a task and allows for more flexibility anyway.

5% = .05
    10% = .1

7. hackapelite

hackapelite VIP Member

That would be the fastest way of doing it. As everyone else has said, there is no percent button in TI-84 (not in mine, anyways)

8. Schonza

Schonza New Member

As aforementioned, the TI-84 has no percentage button. Simply convert the percentage into a demical and add 1 to it.

9. soccerdude

soccerdude New Member

Ok thanks for the replies.

10. fatal1ty_fan

fatal1ty_fan New Member

sorry but hte ti-89 can be used on any test including the sat's

11. newguy5

newguy5 New Member

that's all we used in college calculus...the 89 that is.

12. diduknowthat

diduknowthat formerly liuliuboy

really where do you live? The Ti-89 can be used on almost any standardized test, SAT(II) or AP's.

13. footballstevo75

footballstevo75 New Member

Erm, no...?
    Definitely not allowed on the ACT tests here in the midwest. I believe SAT also, along with AP Calc tests...