USB sound card?

lostsoul62

I would like a better sound than the motherboard built in sound gives me so instead of opening up my computer and putting in a sound card in one of the the slots can I put in a USB sound card and if so what would be a good one?

Jamebonds1

I would like a better sound than the motherboard built in sound gives me so instead of opening up my computer and putting in a sound card in one of the the slots can I put in a USB sound card and if so what would be a good one?

Given specs of your computer please. Also tell us which one. Laptop or desktop tower?

MMM

I don't think a usb sound card will sound any better than a Inbuilt motherboard one, A dedicated high end Sound card would be the ideal solution.

Jamebonds1

I don't think a usb sound card will sound any better than a Inbuilt motherboard one, A dedicated high end Sound card would be the ideal solution.

That's right but we're not sure which one. Laptop or desktop tower.

jspears80

Yeah I don't think an external sound card would offer that great of an improvement. In fact, before this question I didn't even know you could do that. But after googling and looking over some results on amazon they do exist but don't look that impressive (16bit etc).

Opening up your computer and putting in the card is a very simple process and probably would be good to learn (youtube). You're going to spend more time trying to figure out how to get a external usb that doesn't suck than you would just learning how to input a card into your motherboard.

Jamebonds1

Yeah I don't think an external sound card would offer that great of an improvement. In fact, before this question I didn't even know you could do that. But after googling and looking over some results on amazon they do exist but don't look that impressive (16bit etc).

Opening up your computer and putting in the card is a very simple process and probably would be good to learn (youtube). You're going to spend more time trying to figure out how to get a external usb that doesn't suck than you would just learning how to input a card into your motherboard.

That's true. I have external sound card USB Creative Pro THX/Studio. it is okay but great sound at 24 bit. It is not better than my onboard sound on Gigabyte H55.