Video Card and Capture Card Suggestions?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Dunno about connectors, didnt look at that but the Expert has a 10bit ADC versus the 8bit ADC on the Deluxe. ADC = analog-digital-convertor. The Expert one is more precise in converting colors and such when capturing

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Realistically, you probably wont be dissapointed with any of the products -- they are all good -- it's just the amount of work you'll have to put into:
- getting the initial setup
- post-capture processing
The Leadtek is a nice card, you wont be dissapointed (couple of buddies of mine have them and dont stop ranting at me for my Hauppage)
:)

kb1ghc

I have a Winfast TV2000 XP TV/Video/FM capture card, that i got for $75 w/ S&H works pretty good. 640x480 capture resolution, however, you need a pretty fast computer to run it.
and I have a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 graphics card, i'm not really into game graphics, but the graphics are pretty good.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
640x480 capture resolution, however, you need a pretty fast computer to run it.
Course you can always capture as raw AVI and reencode later :)

pretty fast computer to run it.
and I have a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 graphics card, i'm not really into game graphics, but the graphics are pretty good.
I wouldnt think the video card to be that big a player when it comes to video capture but more, the CPU/memory subsystems?