VPN

Pablo56

Hi. This is my first post here. If I sign up to a VPN service, the bigest one seems to be Nord, how does this work? I am a competant computer user. Do I need to download some encripting software and is this strait forward.

I have seen this. Does that mean I don't subscribe to talk talk?
" a VPN client must first be installed and configured on the computer. This involves the user not being connected to the internet via his own ISP, but establishing a direct connection through his/her VPN provider. This essentially shortens the tunnel phase of the VPN journey."

Do I still go through Talk Talk and have it as my ISP? This is a home computer and I use it for a variaty of internet usage including my bank. I will need to send documents to a publisher. Does the user at the other end have to have this software? The bank would not?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
We have reason to believe you are a frequent flyer here at our forum. But to answer your question, A vpn service is just that. You still have to have internet service through your provider. A google search would easily answer your question on what a vpn service does. Fluffy, if this is you, you still can't hide from us.