"Vpu recover has reset your graphics accelerator" message

jugg

Hi, when I play Black & White 2 my screen turns black from time to time and I get a error message with this: "VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator or it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands" then after the third error message the screen gets Grey stripes and I have to restart the computer.

I don't get it, I can play all the latest games without any problem. I can even play Black & White 2: Battle Of The Gods without this message popping up. I get it ONLY on Black & White 2

These are the things I know my computer have:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2,66ghz s775, 4mb Cache - FSB 1333mhz

MSI G31TM-P21 - G31 - s775

2x1024mb = 2GB DDR2 800mhz - Dual Channel - Super Talent

Samsung 750GB - 32mb Cache - SATA2

ATI Powercolor Radeon HD 4670 512mb / 2 x DVI

Windows XP sp3

Does anybody has a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance

linkin

VIP Member
Are you running the card overclocked? Is it getting sufficient airflow? Try turning the fan speed up in catalyst control centre.

jugg

ok that didn't work.

and i noticed that the error message doesn't come up anymore it just goes in to stripe mode directly.

man I'm so fed up with computers and the technology shit that has problem all the time

jugg

I tried that before but the problem remains. I just have to play this game until I get tired of it and then reinstall the drivers :p

But I haven't noticed in any way on the graphics that I have removed the drivers, can it be so bad?

linkin

VIP Member
hmm... try installing just the display driver only from Ati, it does not include the catalyst control centre. might help.

jugg

ok, will try it.

this is the file that's corrupted: ati2dvag
you think it's only in the catalyst centre?