Which is better? Please and Thank you :)

JDcompy

Hi all - I'm having a bit of difficulty seeing if there is much of a difference between these two laptops.

Is one of these better than the other or are they pretty much the same?

Laptop A

Laptop B

Appreciate simple answers - thank you in advance :) Appreciate you all!

-JD

Intel_man

VIP Member
Laptop A has a noticeably faster processor and a higher resolution monitor with a higher refresh rate as well.

If your choices are only between those two, I would go with Laptop A.

JDcompy

@Intel_man Thank you for your reply.

To be honest, I like the "look and feel" of Laptop B as Laptop A is pretty thick/hefty. Would A be that noticeably better playing moderate games, surfing internet, watching videos, etc?

Thank you!

Intel_man

VIP Member
Depends on what games you play, but the 13700HX has two more performance cores and can be undervolted for more performance. It will be noticeable for games that can utilize more cores.

Besides... Laptop A's not that much thicker. We're talking about 0.17".

Intel_man

VIP Member
Ah I see... title description of laptop B is wrong. If both are 13700HX, then spec wise, it's mostly a monitor difference. The 2560 x 1600 in Laptop A is quite a step up in pixel density and a better monitor ratio at 16:10 instead of 16:9 (i.e. taller screen). The extra 165hz vs 144hz is probably not really noticeable, but the higher res and 16:10 ratio is better for a laptop imo.

salviszo

The Acer has a higher resolution display with a WQXGA panel, which will offer sharper images and potentially better color accuracy. It also has a higher refresh rate, beneficial for gaming.
The HX series processors are generally more powerful than the H series, offering better performance, especially in CPU-intensive tasks.

The Acer Predator Helios Neo 16 seems to have a slight edge, especially with its higher resolution and refresh rate display, potentially more powerful CPU, and additional features like Thunderbolt 4. However, the HP Victus 16.1" is still a strong contender, especially if it comes at a lower price or if you prefer its design and build.

Last edited:

JDcompy

Do you think it's "noticeably" different? Like.. if someone had a billion dollars it's not as much as 1.05 billion even though 1.05 is more it's not really "noticeable" .. you know?

Thank you :)

Intel_man

VIP Member
That monitor difference is noticeable. Like if you've never experienced a higher resolution monitor with a taller aspect ratio, then ignorance is bliss and you probably wouldn't mind not stepping up to a higher res.

But it's one of those once you've experienced it and used one for awhile, you would hate to go back.