Why does my webcam keep stopping?

skaterdude_04

When i use my webcam on msn messenger it keeps stopping for some reason. And when it stops it stops the whole of msn messenger. So i have to end the whole program and start again. Can any one help me? And also i dont know what webcam i've got either sorry.
Dan

skaterdude_04

i dont really know that either either i know i've got broadband. is there a way i can found out what type of connection i've got?

shupola

no i was just asking broadband or dial-up.

i thought maybe you were getting some lag or something but you shouldnt be with broadband. do you have any problems surfing the web?

skaterdude_04

oh yeh also my friend doesn't have broadband he has dial up, and he has got the same webcam as me and he has the same problems.
dan

shupola

ok, so your internet seems to be fine, so there is either a problem with your webcam or msn messanger. does msn work fine when you dont use your webcam?

shupola

well i would say download drivers but since you dont know what kind of cam you have that is gonna be a problem. do you even know the brand??

kevvsmith

You have need a driver

There is a possiblty that you may need a driver to use it on msn sum webcams do the speed is a big thing that course things but doesnt normali shut it down you have have a virus on the program. It might pay to uninstall msn and install it again hope this helps:)