why is my Win7 Subscore so low?

Spesh

cmonnnnnnnnn brooooooooooooo

idk tho, your ram and cpu are faster than mine :(

Tbh, in a benchmark like Heaven, cpu and ram speed are going to be less important. I mean, yes it will make some difference, but it's much more gpu dependant.

wolfeking

banned
what you will basically be comparing is 4xHD6970 vs 3xGTX580@1000MHz.

Its a compare I really look forward to seeing.

trewyn15

not sure if this was posted already but i just noticed that the rating only goes to 7.9 so you don't seem to be doing too bad

Aastii

VIP Member
ngbbs476623b64b38d.jpg

I love the fact people are bickering about who has the best, yet for the uses, mine smokes all of yours for the price paid. Can't exactly get better than max settings in every game with 60+FPS, right ;). Keep your overpriced rigs

Spesh

ngbbs476623b64b38d.jpg

I love the fact people are bickering about who has the best, yet for the uses, mine smokes all of yours for the price paid. Can't exactly get better than max settings in every game with 60+FPS, right ;). Keep your overpriced rigs

It's just a bit of fun mate. I'm personally quite interested to see how 6990 CF will do against 580 SLI.

87dtna

Uhh, OK sure lets see BF3 on ultra at 1080p, metro 2033, or skyrim....if you get over 30 FPS in any of them I'd be surprised. I don't play those games so I don't care, but I don't claim to get 60+ fps in everygame on max settings either.

I built my current sig rig for $600.

Last edited:

xxmorpheus

ngbbs476623b64b38d.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN and ha.

its all in good fun were not trying to stroke our pc man ego's just tryin to see how his tri sli would stack up against 4 x 6970

Aastii

VIP Member
Uhh, OK sure lets see BF3 on ultra at 1080p, metro 2033, or skyrim....if you get over 30 FPS in any of them I'd be surprised. I don't play those games so I don't care, but I don't claim to get 60+ fps in everygame on max settings either.

I built my current sig rig for $600.

I didn't mention anything about 1080p, did I ;) I will repeat, for the uses, mine smokes all of yours for the price paid. Can't exactly get better than max settings in every game with 60+FPS, right.

It is what happens when you play at 1280x1024, you can play BF3, Metro and Skyrim, all at max settings at 60+fps.

No dissing to the benchmarks either, just went through the full thread and laughed a little at the epeen on show

87dtna

I didn't mention anything about 1080p, did I ;) I will repeat, for the uses, mine smokes all of yours for the price paid. Can't exactly get better than max settings in every game with 60+FPS, right.

It is what happens when you play at 1280x1024, you can play BF3, Metro and Skyrim, all at max settings at 60+fps.

No dissing to the benchmarks either, just went through the full thread and laughed a little at the epeen on show

1280x1024 blows, what kind of crap gaming experience is that? Honestly I'm not super happy with 1080p I'd love a 2560x1440 monitor.

Aastii

VIP Member
1280x1024 blows, what kind of crap gaming experience is that? Honestly I'm not super happy with 1080p I'd love a 2560x1440 monitor.

YEA you tell me that I don't have any fun playing games, you sure told me how I feel about using my computer!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

xxmorpheus

YEA you tell me that I don't have any fun playing games, you sure told me how I feel about using my computer!! :rolleyes:

huh?

dont take it personal man :( he just doesnt like playing on low resolutions

lol this thread is funny, why do people get so upset when enthusiasts are just havin a good ol' enthusiast computer stroking session?

Aastii

VIP Member
huh?

dont take it personal man :( he just doesnt like playing on low resolutions

lol this thread is funny, why do people get so upset when enthusiasts are just havin a good ol' enthusiast computer stroking session?

I have played on higher res monitors and the difference isn't exactly night and day, not when you only have a (relatively) small monitor, and not when you play a game rather than look at a game for each individual pixel. All of my games still look very pretty, even if they are at a resolution which apparently prevents the game from being enjoyable any more

87dtna

Whats the largest monitor you've played on and what res?

I play on a 23'' 1080p....wish I had a 27'' :/

When I first started gaming I used a 1280x1024 17'', then I got a 1600x1200 19'' which was awesome at the time (10 years ago). Then I stepped up to 1080p widescreen, which was really hard to get used to but when I realized that I could see more and better it became a better gaming experience. I would never go back to a non 16:9 monitor.

You are not taking my words at the proper meaning. You can still ''enjoy'' a game on a crappy monitor, thats not the definition of crappy gaming experience which I just explained above.

If you can see more, and clearer, you can play better.

Last edited:

jonnyp11

on my 17" 1280x1024 looks great, and games (the few that get enough fps) are still great fun

as far as getting a 2560x1440, yeah those are amazing, con't blame you for wanting one of those, if only they didn't cost so much. my dad's 27" iMac is that res and it's like the best screen ever.

Aastii

VIP Member
Whats the largest monitor you've played on and what res?

I play on a 23'' 1080p....wish I had a 27'' :/

When I first started gaming I used a 1280x1024 17'', then I got a 1600x1200 19'' which was awesome at the time (10 years ago). Then I stepped up to 1080p widescreen, which was really hard to get used to but when I realized that I could see more and better it became a better gaming experience. I would never go back to a non 16:9 monitor.

You are not taking my words at the proper meaning. You can still ''enjoy'' a game on a crappy monitor, thats not the definition of crappy gaming experience which I just explained above.

If you can see more, and clearer, you can play better.

On this system, 1080P on my TV, ever, 3x27" @ 7680x1600.

And yes, seeing more clearly would be an advantage, but if you mean to complete a game, no, skill and perseverance are more important, if you mean online, no, skill is more important. 9 times out of 10 I carry my team, I finish top of the board, I come first and this is on a monitor that you claim will make me bad at the game. Having faster reactions, more accurate aim, more precise movements, better judgement of the game will do more. It is all well and good seeing others, but not being able to react to them is like buying a pair of gloves when you have no hands