Why won't my computer do a system restore? Please help....

Discussion in 'Computer Memory and Hard Drives' started by oddball7465, Apr 11, 2009.

1. oddball7465

oddball7465 New Member

I updated my drivers yesterday, and ever since my computer has been acting weird. I suddenly lost 21gb of my harddrive. The computer has been running slower since the updates. It's just acting strange, and I'm terrified of 21gb vanishing out of thin air...... I tried running a system restore at 3 different restore points, but it keeps failing. I keep getting this exact message every time I try a system restore:

System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed.

Details:
    An unspecified error occurred during system restore.

You might want to try system restore again and choose a different restore point. For more information, see System Restore: Frequently asked questions.

Please help me restore somehow.

2. johnb35

johnb35 Administrator Staff Member

System restore is not very reliable because of that issue. I've run across that issue many of times on different computers. I recommend using software to backup an image of your drive to an another internal drive or external that way you can restore your drive in a matter of minutes.