win7 (64) blue screen help

astinkybumb

so when im doing this i take out all but one stick then run memtest, see if it fails or passes then take that stick out and put a different stick in and see which ones are bad and which are good...

once i figure out which ones are bad can i leave them (bad ones) out of my system till i get replacement ones? and still use my system safely? or will i need to place them back in my system so it can run properly till i get new ones

astinkybumb

alright i tested all 4 sticks (4x2gig 8 total) and the first 2 sticks said they passed. the second 2 however spewed red errors the entire test. so 2 sticks are bad. can i put the two good sticks in and be fine just running 4 gigs when its set up for 8? until i get all new ram? or should i put the two bad sticks back in?

i have no idea when it comes to ram all i know is you need to get replacements with the same number of pins (mines 240) which of these would you suggest?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...07611 600006071&IsNodeId=1&name=8GB (4 x 2GB)

my machine is used for heavy gaming and also lots of multitasking. my current ram is Corsair VS2GB800D2 (4x2gig)

linkin

VIP Member
To be honest, ram is so cheap, just get some new ram.

+1 for that. Then RMA the other set and get some new ones back, then you have spares.

Also if the RAM is not set up correctly it could be causing issues, ie not enough voltage, clocked too high, timings too low etc or a combination of all three.