Windows 7 to Windows Vista Issue! PLEASE HELP!!

Laranjeira69

Hello everyone,
I'm a newbie on this forum but I have a problem with my computer. My brother had (bad) installed a windows 7 cracked version for his computer, but now the computer is mine and I want to put it back on the Windows Vita Genuine version. He made a backup copy of the windows vista but i cannot install-it.
Already tried to press F10 or F11 but get stuck on the "insert the installation media for the device and click ok to select the driver" because i don't know where is the file (location/name) on the backup disk.:confused:
Please HELP!

Thanks

:gun: Newbie :gun:

Jamebonds1

Hello everyone,
I'm a newbie on this forum but I have a problem with my computer. My brother had (bad) installed a windows 7 cracked version for his computer, but now the computer is mine and I want to put it back on the Windows Vita Genuine version. He made a backup copy of the windows vista but i cannot install-it.
Already tried to press F10 or F11 but get stuck on the "insert the installation media for the device and click ok to select the driver" because i don't know where is the file (location/name) on the backup disk.:confused:
Please HELP!

Thanks

Is that system image? Or back up?

:gun: "creaked Windows 7"

Jamebonds1

I have no idea. The volume (F:) have the following pastes:
-$WINDOWS.~BT
-Program Files
-Windows
-Windows.old

Hope this helps

Okay. I think i get it. That is backup disk. So you have to buy new windows 7 or find old vista on amazon for cheap.

cabinfever1977

borrow a copy of windows vista and install using the key number that might be on a sticker on the back of the computer, if you can't find the key number then you will have to download a program to search for the key on the backup cd.

or you can just buy another vista cd that comes with a key

Aastii

VIP Member
If he made an image burn it to a disk or put it on a USB drive and then you can install it.

If he made a systems backup rather than image, you will need to reinstall Vista from a disc or, if the system has it still, the recovery partition and then restore the backup