Windows Error? or computer error?

Oblivion

So my computer keeps randomly shutting down and if the screen saver comes on then its freezes and when i turn windows back on it says it recovered from a fatal error and then when i send the error report this is what it comes up with

Error type Windows stop error (A message appears on a blue screen with error code information)
Solution available? Yes
What does this error mean? You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.
Cause A video adapter device driver
Computer symptoms A message appears on a blue screen with error code information:

STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
- or -
STOP: 0x100000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M

What does thread stuck in device driver mean???

what should i update?
if its a driver thing i have an EVGA 7800GT

StrangleHold

Staff member
I would uninstall the video driver and reinstall instead of running the new one on top of the old one first to see if that helps. if not

SYMPTOMS

loadTOCNode(1, 'symptoms');You may receive one of the following Stop error messages: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

STOP: 0x100000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M
Back to the top

CAUSE

loadTOCNode(1, 'cause');This issue might occur if the display driver is caught in an infinite loop while it waits for the video hardware to become idle. This issue typically indicates a problem with the video hardware or that the display driver cannot program the hardware correctly. Back to the top

RESOLUTION

loadTOCNode(1, 'resolution');To resolve this issue, obtain and install the most current driver for your video adapter, or replace your video card. Back to the top

WORKAROUND

loadTOCNode(1, 'workaround');To work around this issue, follow these steps: 1.Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Display.2.On the Settings tab, click Advanced, and then click the Troubleshoot tab.3.Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to None, and then click to clear the Enable Write Combining check box.4.Click OK, and then click OK.

Note This procedure prevents the display driver from programming the hardware incorrectly, but you may lose some display functionality and performance. Although you can increase the hardware acceleration settings higher than None to regain functionality and performance, these settings increase the chance that the issue will occur again. For maximum stability, leave hardware acceleration off. Back to the top

MORE INFORMATION

loadTOCNode(1, 'moreinformation');The Stop error message may also occur in video adapter drivers that do not represent a physical device. For example, this Stop error message may occur in the virtual video adapter driver that is used by Symantec PCAnywhere. If PCAnywhere is installed on a computer where this error message occurs, visit the Symantec Web site to determine if there are any available fixes for your version of PCAnywhere.

The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.