10 000 lph pump

super_xero

would a 10000 lph pump in a water cooling rig preasure break the tubes or would it be amazingly good at what its suppose to do or is it just to much

Yeti

VIP Member
1) Why do you need something better than a regular water pump?
2) The large additional pumping power is going into the water as heat which is an added load for the radiator
3) There are diminishing returns on performance. The very best you can do is get the CPU to ambient temperature (with no active cooling such as TECs).
4) The unit will need to withstand substantial pressures

super_xero

i was gona run two systems with the same water cooling rig my computer is upstairs in my room it is pumpes by a massive flowwing pump which draws the water from 4 full sized water tanks welded together which then flows down stairs threw 1/2 pipes then under ground threw my garden where it is then pusshed into a copper bar which is about 3 meters in length then back out into the pipe the pipe is then carried to my garage where my other system is beacuse i use both at the same time and they are networked it works liek wonders because they are heavily overclocked they then go back up threw pipes into a nother coppert pipe then back up to my cpu :)

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
i was gona run two systems with the same water cooling rig my computer is upstairs in my room it is pumpes by a massive flowwing pump which draws the water from 4 full sized water tanks welded together which then flows down stairs threw 1/2 pipes then under ground threw my garden where it is then pusshed into a copper bar which is about 3 meters in length then back out into the pipe the pipe is then carried to my garage where my other system is beacuse i use both at the same time and they are networked it works liek wonders because they are heavily overclocked they then go back up threw pipes into a nother coppert pipe then back up to my cpu

BLOODY HELL

4W4K3

VIP Member
Not a good idea. You'll need to flush the water out of the entire system about every few weeks if it's that big. With pipes that large, that vast amount of water, and it going through a house, underground, etc. there is going to be more corrosion taking place, and alot more maintenance.

How do you propose to clean the tubing? You've got alot of water, and will need ALOT of anti-corrosive stuff to dump in the water to prevent build-up. I see alot of dirty water coming into your computers...

super_xero

not realy ye you need a fair amout of anit corrosion but not alot and since the system is completely air tight and has been thought through realy well i havent had no problems at all and once ive gotten my cpu to reach 10 degrees just on water

4W4K3

VIP Member
What happens in the summer time when the ground gets incredibly warm and you've got all that tubing acting as a geothermal powerplant pumping hot water to your computers?

What happens in the winter time when it gets below freezing and all that water freezes in the pipes and doesn't flow? Or if the pipes crack?

I don't think you've covered every possible scenario in the book yet...these are very possible disasters.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
What happens in the winter time when it gets below freezing and all that water freezes
that's what antifreeze is for :)

high flow rate is one thing but its not directly related to the pressure head (which will need to be fuugin huge to cover the distance the water has to travel)

4W4K3

VIP Member
Ah, I didn't think about that. We always had our water pipes freeze/burst in the winter time at out old house...but we couldn't stick anti-freeze in them cuz, yah, it's drinking water lmao!

It all just seems very overkill. 2 seperate "in-computer" water cooling kits I would bet, if done right, will yield lower temps and require less maintenance/up-keep. But it's an interesting project none the less.

super_xero

thank you and yes it does seam a bit over kill but for something costing me about £20 pound in all i am verry proud of and because of the length it has to travel and the amazibngley big reservoiur which i have actually attached 8 120mm fans to i have never been disapointed with the temps but im working on the summer thing :)

spacedude89

ha, just use the regular plumbing in the computers and use them as water heaters! have a computer heaeted shower!

Yeti

VIP Member
An interesting, be it somewhat complicated, cooling solution. There are many things that could go wrong though. By the way, could you at least try to use some punctuation so it doesn't take me 5 minutes to try to understand what you are saying? I'm still not sure I understand it completetly, a diagram might help. You're also not going to going to get 10,000 lpm with that much piping (friction losses) as well as the possible choked flow condition. Do you have anything to counter condensation in the computers?

super_xero

no theres two pumps not one one in my room and the other in the garage and ill do a diagram and post it up soon im to tired at the mo lol

98vert6spd

IF i recall the groudn is at a constant temperature when you are 10 ft underground

68 degrees F

Thats why geothermal heating and cooling works

4W4K3

VIP Member
98vert6spd said:
IF i recall the groudn is at a constant temperature when you are 10 ft underground

68 degrees F

Thats why geothermal heating and cooling works

His pipes are 10 ft underground?