100% CPU running all the time

tasha606

am hoping some one can help. I have a Toshiba, Equium A60 laptop which I have problems with it always running at 100% CPU I have tried going into msconig and start up programs and turning nearly all of these off and still this does not help. This laptop has a 2.8Ghz Intel Celeron processor and 256 memory and its extremely slow loading up and to run programs. I was thinking of buying more memory because I don’t know what else to try. Do you think more memory will help or do you know some thing I can do in windows to stopping 100% of CPU being used.

alanuofm

VIP Member
tasha606 said:
am hoping some one can help. I have a Toshiba, Equium A60 laptop which I have problems with it always running at 100% CPU I have tried going into msconig and start up programs and turning nearly all of these off and still this does not help. This laptop has a 2.8Ghz Intel Celeron processor and 256 memory and its extremely slow loading up and to run programs. I was thinking of buying more memory because I don’t know what else to try. Do you think more memory will help or do you know some thing I can do in windows to stopping 100% of CPU being used.

i have a feeling its a virus/spyware problem. please check out the stickies in the computer security section.

celsdogg

click on ctrl + alt + del and then click on the task manager. on the task manager click on processes. then organize all your processes by CPU which dynamically puts whatever is using the most cycles at the top or bottom depending if you have it in ascending or descending. then see whats taking up the most process cycles. if u cant tell what it is, google it.

it might be a virus, but sometimes its not. on my lappy, it is typically ccapp.exe, which is for norton email scanning, etc. sometimes, i even notice firefox taking up 50% of the cpu, so its up to you to really see what it is and what to do about it. . .