100% secure!

nicamarvin

first I would like to say hi to everybody here!
I would like to know how to make my computer 100% safe from virus and all the software that is in noway friendly to me. and stay safe for life. somethings like the strongest firewall , the best antivirus and spayware software. I would like to get a system monitor too and test my new invlunerable pc. thanks

scuttle.vb

Antivirus:Norton is the best
Spyware:Spybot S&D+Ad-Aware SE
Firewall:Zonealarm
i think this should make your computer pretty safe.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
100% Safe? Try Linux :p Or maybe windows 3.1 ;) Hah, but seriously, Linux should be one of the safest routs as next to nothing targest it.

If you MUST use windows, do pretty regular scans with spybot and Adaware as scuttle mentioned, get a firewall(zonealarm is one of the best freebies) Now, I don't care for Norton as it seems to really slow computers down, but it's probably one of the best. Personally, I use AVG Free edition.

Also, you'd want to switch your browser to Firefox as basically everything targets IE.

cell4me

banned
I use norton antivirus for my firewall and virus protection.

For spyware protection I am using ad-aware se,spybot search and destroy, pest patrol, ewido, spysweeper, xoftspy, microsoft anti spyware, and to help prevent it from installing on my computer in the first place I use spyware blaster! I dont think you can have to much protection when it comes to spyware!

nicamarvin

you can never be too safe!

cool! thanks guys, I just got this computer, its kinda old but I only want it for internet use and some research, its a gateway and it came with solaris 10, its taking me some time to get used to it. before this I had a compac presario with windows 98. I really don't want any bad virus cutting my internet time, so I'll build this one like a rock before I start messing aroud the internet, thanks

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
i use norton antivirus, and i also use spybot search and destroy in combination with spywareblaster to keep my system free of viruses and spyware. i get very few problems with spyware and viruses now

BLK1985

nicamarvin said:
first I would like to say hi to everybody here!
I would like to know how to make my computer 100% safe from virus and all the software that is in noway friendly to me. and stay safe for life. somethings like the strongest firewall , the best antivirus and spayware software. I would like to get a system monitor too and test my new invlunerable pc. thanks
Dont ever use the internet.

Motoxrdude

I dont think your ever going to get a 100% secure system. The longest i have ever used Microsoft wihtout getting a virus was a 1 year with norton, spybot, spyware blaster, spybot SD, all my updates and a router. I would switch to linux. I have only been using it for about 1 month and i havent gotten even a slight hint of a virus. I even tried getting a virus for test purposes, no luck:).

nicamarvin

I need more help

well like I said I'm using sun solaris 10 as my operating system I still haven't figured out this system is somewhat difficult for me, I'm sure I don't have norton or some kinda third party firewall like you, I want security I'm not that interested user friendly system, so I guess I'll try linux or what ever that is.