$2000 gaming PC---cyberpowerpc

haynea4f

This is the new computer I plan on purchasing very soon from cyberpowerpc. Any advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!! After shipping the price is $1999. I have not made up my mind on whether to build or buy.

X-Cruiser Mid-Tower Case W/ WINDOW, MultiMeter Display & Control
• CPU: (939-pin) AMD Athlon™64 X2 4200+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
• 16X DVD ROM
• LG GWA-4161 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER
• INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer
• 1.44 MB FLOPPY DRIVE
• Free "Nero 7 Ultra Edition"
• CoolerMaster Liquid CPU Cooling Fan System Kit + 2 EXTRA CASE FANS
• 80GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive
• 80GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive
• Wolfking Timber Wolf Gaming Keyboard with Ultimate FPS Gaming Pad
• Logitech G7 Laser Cordless 2000dpi Mouse
• (Sckt939)ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCIE MB w/GbLAN,USB2.0,IEEE-1394,&7.1Audio
• 2048 MB (1GBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Corsair Value Select)
• FREE! AGE OF EMPIRE III
• ONBOARD 10/1000 NETWORK CARD
• Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 2
• Aspire 680W BEAST POWER ATX Power Supply
• RAID: RAID 0 Striped Disk Array for Faster Performance
• STANDARD 3 YEAR WARRANTY PLUS ONE-YEAR ONSITE SERVICE
• Microsoft® Works v8.0
• Creative Labs SB AUDIGY 4 SE
• Build-in USB 2.0 Ports
• NEW !!! NVIDIA Geforce 7900 GT 256MB 16X PCI Express Video Card
• NEW !!! NVIDIA Geforce 7900 GT 256MB 16X PCI Express Video Card
• PCI Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps Network Interface Card
• PRICE: (+1934)

After shiping it will be $1999. Anyone want to offer any upgrade/downgrade advice? I want it for gaming, I plan on playing a lot of BF2.

BTW, this is my first post, I am new here! My budget is not to exceed $2000, under any circumstances!!

bigsaucybob

1. Thats nice, but you can do better for 2000$

2. Definitly build it, you will get a really sick computer

3. Dont get 2 7900gt, thats just silly. Get one 7900gtx instead.

croaker68

shipping

When you goto their site, choose mega special 1, then customize it to choose all the options you want, and shipping will be free. You can pick any items/options you want with it. I think if you choose the special, it also upgrades your warranty for free.

Dr Studly

banned
heeeeeeere goes... this is what u should build (building is very easy don't worry!!!... instructions are here on the forum + there will be intructions in the motherboard manual...<br>OOOOOOOOH OOOOOOOOOOH OOOOOOOOOOOH we have $2001 as the final price ppl!!! :D:p:):cool:u will live... $1 more won't hurt u... and if it will you can get windows xp home instead of pro

ok this doesn't come with the free crap you won't need the other one does, but it is hella beastlier than the other machine... this makes the other machine look weak

LiquidSilver

Get one 7900 gtx Sli has benefits and cons cons outweigh benefits by alot. 7900gtx will have the performace of two 7900 gt's

Geoff

VIP Member
Personally i wouldnt go with liquid cooling, especially if you dont know how to maintain it. And since you have case fans, it will still be fairly loud.

I would go with one large hard drive, instead of two small ones. Unless there configured in RAID.

If its not much more, i would go with the X-Fi.

Building your own would obviously be better, but if you cant i would look into the suggestions i made.

Dr Studly

banned
haynea4f said:
I have not made up my mind on whether to build or buy.

he said he hasn't decided on building or buying... so he can build...
i highly recomend building what i configured...

Last edited:

haynea4f

[-0MEGA-] said:
Personally i wouldnt go with liquid cooling, especially if you dont know how to maintain it. And since you have case fans, it will still be fairly loud.

I would go with one large hard drive, instead of two small ones. Unless there configured in RAID.

If its not much more, i would go with the X-Fi.

Building your own would obviously be better, but if you cant i would look into the suggestions i made.

I wont go with liquid cooling if I build. I am going to go with 2 of the same hard drives configured in RAID. I am not sure about the sound card though. I am really not going to be using speakers that much. I will mostly be using a headset. I mean, why pay an extra $100 on a sound card when I can upgrade to a better CPU or MOBO? Unless of course for some reason not having a good enough sound card can give my computer problems while playing games, then it would be worth it.

One more thing for everyone. With the case I am buying I noticed it has 2 or three fans in it. Do I need more than that? I am going to go with the 7900GTX.

Dr Studly

banned
haynea4f said:
I wont go with liquid cooling if I build. I am going to go with 2 of the same hard drives configured in RAID. I am not sure about the sound card though. I am really not going to be using speakers that much. I will mostly be using a headset. I mean, why pay an extra $100 on a sound card when I can upgrade to a better CPU or MOBO? Unless of course for some reason not having a good enough sound card can give my computer problems while playing games, then it would be worth it.

One more thing for everyone. With the case I am buying I noticed it has 2 or three fans in it. Do I need more than that? I am going to go with the 7900GTX.
no u don't need anymore fans, but that sound card says it boosts game performance...on ur system it won't make a difference so u could get something cheap like this...

y donfigure 2 harddrives in raid? just get one big one like this (400GB and then don't get the 250GB one i suggested) and way less complicated

if you are just mostly playing games (not storing alot of music, or movies) i would get this harddrive instead of either of the ones i mentioned before... it is only 74GB but it is hella fast... and then you would have like $70 left over after the rebate which you could get another 120GB harddrive with for storing crap or else you could just have $70...

haynea4f

Encore4More said:
no u don't need anymore fans, but that sound card says it boosts game performance...on ur system it won't make a difference so u could get something cheap like this...

y donfigure 2 harddrives in raid? just get one big one like this (400GB and then don't get the 250GB one i suggested) and way less complicated

if you are just mostly playing games (not storing alot of music, or movies) i would get this harddrive instead of either of the ones i mentioned before... it is only 74GB but it is hella fast... and then you would have like $70 left over after the rebate which you could get another 120GB harddrive with for storing crap or else you could just have $70...

I will probably end up going with the cheap sound card. Probably something along the lines of $50. About the hard drives, I will be downloading music but not a lot of it. Like I said before I will mostly play games so I will probably go with the 10K RPM 74 GB hard drive and have a second hard drive 120 GB for music and other things.

I have been lookingall around at different sites for different products. For the most part I am pretty sure what I want but since this is my first build I want to make sure I get everything right the first time around. I am still wondering if that case is good enough...................and liquid cooling, I have never dealt with it, should I just leave it out of the equation?

Dr Studly

banned
haynea4f said:
About the hard drives, I will be downloading music but not a lot of it. Like I said before I will mostly play games so I will probably go with the 10K RPM 74 GB hard drive and have a second hard drive 120 GB for music and other things.
yea that will be good

haynea4f said:
I have been lookingall around at different sites for different products. For the most part I am pretty sure what I want but since this is my first build I want to make sure I get everything right the first time around. I am still wondering if that case is good enough...................and liquid cooling, I have never dealt with it, should I just leave it out of the equation?
that is a GREAT case... so many good reviews, strong material, great features, GREAT price... IMO it should be like $100, it has the gouges on the front that say the Temperatures and Fan Speed

and IMO stay away from water cooling... it is a trendy thing that will pass probably

haynea4f

Encore4More said:
yea that will be good

that is a GREAT case... so many good reviews, strong material, great features, GREAT price... IMO it should be like $100, it has the gouges on the front that say the Temperatures and Fan Speed

and IMO stay away from water cooling... it is a trendy thing that will pass probably

With OEM products, do they always come with power cords and other necessary items? From what I understand they just come without the manual.

Last edited:

Dr Studly

banned
haynea4f said:
With OEM products, do they always come with power cords and other necessary items? From what I understand they just come without the manual.
depends... wut item are u tlking about?

Geoff

VIP Member
Generally speaking, OEM hard drives only include the drive. OEM optical drives usually only include the drive as well, but some include a quick-start manual and/or software.

If your buying from newegg, you can look at the pictures to see whats included in different OEM products.

haynea4f

[-0MEGA-] said:
Generally speaking, OEM hard drives only include the drive. OEM optical drives usually only include the drive as well, but some include a quick-start manual and/or software.

If your buying from newegg, you can look at the pictures to see whats included in different OEM products.

OK I am just about finished reconfiguring the computer. So do I need software with the optical drives? Besides Windows XP, what sort of software am I going to need? I already have a copy of windows XP with SP2 and microsoft office as well. I also believe I have microsoft works. Can anyone think of any other software I will need to get this thing started.........I dont want to run into any speed bumps when Ido get started.

Also, since I do not know too much about internet connections, do I need a NIC (network interface card)? On my current setup, the desktop is connected to an external DSL modem, and off of that is a wireless router. My laptop is gettin wireless through the router.

For my new desktop do I need a NIC and a wireless adaptor? Or just one of the two? I am about to post the new specs based on the info of the Network card/wireless adaptor. My current desktop has a wireless adaptor and a NIC I think.

Last edited: